Gibson Brands Forums

Idiot of the day award goes to David Lee Roth

jaxson50

4 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

Ok - this thread started as a diss to el roth...  and I am sorry to see what he's evolved to, but I'll give him props for early stuff he did put out with VH.  Loved those albums...  'dirty faced kid in a garbage can' 

Find your way back David...  

I haven't gone through all the comments, so maybe I'm repeating, but it was my understanding that Dave made that comment as a joke.

BTW, Love DOA and anything off VHII. That's easily my favorite VH album .

15 minutes ago, saturn said:

I haven't gone through all the comments, so maybe I'm repeating, but it was my understanding that Dave made that comment as a joke.

BTW, Love DOA and anything off VHII. That's easily my favorite VH album .

VHII is my go to, VH is the classic and it certainly is a landmark album.  After Fair Warning they tanked. How many times do you need to cover a Kinks song or anyone elses. Write your own stuff and if you can't write enough for an album maybe you should have put the bottle and the coke down and focused. And Sammy turned them into a ballad band. Of the Sammy era, I can only take Poundcake and What You Started. The rest who needs it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

GF,  

"All signs point to this being a joke.  In fact, the article linked in the original post indicates most people are assuming DLR is just trying to be funny.  Internet "news" wants you to take it seriously but here is the actual post made by Dave: ..."

All signs point to ...  most people assuming ...         WOW !    It's amazing how you're always able to find junk on the internet that argues against the main point of any post here,    It's a gift, for sure.  I'm starting to think maybe  you can't believe everything on the Internet .  

I didn't write the article (linked in the original post). I just read it and that's what it says.  🤷‍♂️

58 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I own VH and VHII on vinyl. That's it.

Vinyl - apologies if it's a naive question, but is there truly anything sonically different from vinyl vs streaming, or is it more the cool factor of having vinyl...  and IMO there is definitely a cool factor there.

Just now, uncle fester said:

Vinyl - apologies if it's a naive question, but is there truly anything sonically different from vinyl vs streaming, or is it more the cool factor of having vinyl...  and IMO there is definitely a cool factor there.

It's my original from like 78 and 79 when those albums were released.

The difference is vinyl is not digital.  A digital waveform is 'stepped'.  Analog waveform is smooth.   The result is something that sounds more natural.  BUT that analog goodness generally comes along with a lot of hiss and noise artifacts. 

Pz-kn7OZfLVDYHv6SDviC4ByTwiCSkgviKoUtlo6

Edited by ghost_of_fl

11 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Any response after this shows how weak your self control is.

tumblr_ov75vuotWP1qbj805o1_400.gifv

11 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Any response after this shows how weak your self control is.

tumblr_ov75vuotWP1qbj805o1_400.gifv

I got control that aint weak thanks

• Sad 1