Gibson Brands Forums

Why do you like Gibson?

axuality

I started with a '61 Gibson Les Paul Jr. (SG shape), then owned a 335 for 35 yrs., now own a Les Paul. I would own Epiphone instead perhaps, but the shape of the Gibson head is so sexy, and I'm just a Gibson snob. Some Gibsons seem not so well made in the stores, but I'll bet if bought one and worked on it, it would be great. I would happily own any Gibson electric.

If I ever tell people that there is one company I believe in, I think to tell them that it's Gibson.

I think I'm in love.

When I was about 10 I met a man who was probably 80. He would kneel on a pillow because he couldn't stand, or sit long enough to play. I started visiting him and listening to him play regularly and he started teaching me some things... on a les paul. Since then, no other guitar has ever felt right in my hands. Sure, there are lots of really nice guitars that feel really good, but nothing else feels "right".

I started with a '61 Gibson Les Paul Jr. (SG shape)' date=' then owned a 335 for 35 yrs., now own a Les Paul. I would own Epiphone instead perhaps, but the shape of the Gibson head is so sexy, and I'm just a Gibson snob. Some Gibsons seem not so well made in the stores, but I'll bet if bought one and worked on it, it would be great. I would happily own any Gibson electric.

If I ever tell people that there is one company I believe in, I think to tell them that it's Gibson.

I think I'm in love.[/quote']

Seriously.....Do you really need to ask that?

Archived