Gibson Brands Forums

Is it bad of me

uncle fester

Ok – so we got a cheapo above ground pool (corona and all that - going to be home… )  on top of that I paid someone $1600 to clear the area, level it and put sand down…  most important part of the job. 

They put the sand down, then after a weekend of struggle – we got the pool up just before a huge storm hit yesterday.  The storm came filled the pool up about 5 inches…  IT’S NOT LEVEL!  So the sand guy is back – out in the yard with my wife and kids trying to empty the pool so they can move it an put it back.  It’s a huge PITA  (pain in the …). 

My question - Is it wrong of me to use ‘getting ready for a meeting’ as an excuse to stay in here and let them figure it out

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uncle fester said:

Ok – so we got a cheapo above ground pool (corona and all that - going to be home… )  on top of that I paid someone $1600 to clear the area, level it and put sand down…  most important part of the job. 

They put the sand down, then after a weekend of struggle – we got the pool up just before a huge storm hit yesterday.  The storm came filled the pool up about 5 inches…  IT’S NOT LEVEL!  So the sand guy is back – out in the yard with my wife and kids trying to empty the pool so they can move it an put it back.  It’s a huge PITA  (pain in the …). 

My question - Is it wrong of me to use ‘getting ready for a meeting’ as an excuse to stay in here and let them figure it out

wait a sec... your wife and kids are out there trying to sort it out and you have to ask that question?  LOL!!   I admire the gonads you got unc!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kidblast said:

wait a sec... your wife and kids are out there trying to sort it out and you have to ask that question?  LOL!!   I admire the gonads you got unc!

He's probably inside with the AC on too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uncle fester said:

In your particular situation, you are the best judge of what to do. If your family is covering for you because you are upset by the sandman's work, its probably best to let them deal with him.

Additional Note: Just make sure you're not cleaning your 9mm.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

Tell you the truth, the guy got here when I was already on a call and didn't get to talk to them before - my wife was the conduit.  By the time I got out there - they were well into it.  So it kind of had to work out that way anyways...  but I wasn't disappointed  either.

14 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Tell you the truth, the guy got here when I was already on a call and didn't get to talk to them before - my wife was the conduit.  By the time I got out there - they were well into it.  So it kind of had to work out that way anyways...  but I wasn't disappointed  either.

timing is everything dude!

Holy moly - I gotta say.  All of them did a days worth of ball busting work...  and it was done 15 minutes before me.    Timing.  We do have another day's worth of effort - but I have time between meetings and can do it in spurts.  They stepped up big...  good family points there.  (kids are just getting old enough, 11, 13 and 14)...  mowing is something they do now 🙂

Edited by uncle fester
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

(kids are just getting old enough, 11, 13 and 14)...  mowing is something they do now 🙂

My boys are in their twenties and I do not let them mow my lawn. They **** it up, so I do it myself. They leave little mohawks an undone patches.  I swear they do it on purpose.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

My boys are in their twenties and I do not let them mow my lawn. They **** it up, so I do it myself. They leave little mohawks an undone patches.  I swear they do it on purpose.

The guy next door has a riding mower. He does it for me every few weeks and and I give him a $20. Win - Win. Takes him all of 10 minuets if that. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The guy next door has a riding mower. He does it for me every few weeks and and I give him a $20. Win - Win. Takes him all of 10 minuets if that. 

I had a riding mower, it impacted my lawn.

I'd tell my wife & kids to go in the House. Then I'd tell the Guy I paid him to do a Job & it isn't done right & that I expect "him" to correct it. I expect him to resolve it... Then I'd go back in the House.  A/C, Beer, Family & J45.......

When he's finished I'd inspect his work & tell him I hope it level this time as I'd hate to have him make 3rd trip....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I'd tell my wife & kids to go in the House. Then I'd tell the Guy I paid him to do a Job & it isn't done right & that I expect "him" to correct it. I expect him to resolve it... Then I'd go back in the House.  A/C, Beer, Family & J45.......

When he's finished I'd inspect his work & tell him I hope it level this time as I'd hate to have him make 3rd trip....

There ya go, can't state it better than that. 

Post of the day award!!

2 hours ago, Larsongs said:

The family outside wasn't a bad thing...

46 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the sand guy left you in  your house drinking your beer, put the cash in and envelope and tossed it in the pool, went home and had his own beer. 😂

no

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Larsongs said:

well  in all fairness to the Sand Guy,  IIRC it was the torrential down pour that undid the work,... 

7 minutes ago, kidblast said:

well  in all fairness to the Sand Guy,  IIRC it was the torrential down pour that undid the work,... 

the downpour did do damage, but it wasn't the cause of un levelling the pool.  Those downpours are doing damage though - lots of stuff washing out, day after day it seems.  not to mention the 100ft pine that came down in the flash storm a couple weeks back.  2020.

If you've got things you want to do in this world, I think now is a time to get jumping on them.

15 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the sand guy left you in  your house drinking your beer, put the cash in and envelope and tossed it in the pool, went home and had his own beer. 😂

If he did his Business dealings would be News all over Town & the Internet.. Wouldn't that be funny..

If the Sand guy is back working he must feel responsibility for some reason.

I never would've paid him Cash.. Cash is for Fly by night Business'. I have learned it's better to hire Licensed, Bonded Business'. $1600.00 is not cheap to level some ground & add a little Sand. 

I choose to pay by Credit Card if possible.. I have Recourse.. 

Edited by Larsongs