Gibson Brands Forums

What have we here?

SteveFord

Indeed it is, a 2012.

Somebody stuck Seymour Duncans in it so I figured this would be the perfect candidate for some black Gibson P90s.

A little set up, new strings and a LOT of lemon oil and it plays like buttah (as they say).  

RNtN0MV.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kidblast said:

Tuff call there, both Gibson and Duncans are really fine  P90 pickups.  I'd probably do the same too tho..

I think you got to rock it as is...  see how many women throw their undergarments at you and then make a decision.  If it's less than normal, I'd swap out the p'ups...  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

I think you got to rock it as is...  see how many women throw their undergarments at you and then make a decision.  If it's less than normal, I'd swap out the p'ups...  

yea  since that's always worked in the past,, said no one evah!! LOL!

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Indeed it is, a 2012.

Somebody stuck Seymour Duncans in it so I figured this would be the perfect candidate for some black Gibson P90s.

A little set up, new strings and a LOT of lemon oil and it plays like buttah (as they say).  

RNtN0MV.jpg

You are my hero. That's a nice axe. How many FB's you got now. Are any left for Phil Manzanera?

Thank you, one and all.

I did have an oversized pair of bloomers hit me in the head when I was playing an SG Faded a few years back, does that count?  That was followed by a dead cat and a half a can of warm beer.

The P90s for the looks, really.  I saw one as a kid back in the 70s and just was so intrigued by the guitar and I always wanted to own one similar to it.

I have this one and the slightly less iconic 2014.  The lack of nibs does allow me to fly over the frets, though.  This black one, not so much with the fret flying, you know how those nibs get in the way.

There may be another surprise or two somewhere  down the road.  We'll  see.

Back to work or no "new" guitars for Fun Boy here.