Gibson Brands Forums

What have we here?

SteveFord

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Tone is wearing the pick guard from a 1963 ES-345 around your neck on a gold chain.

You can't have good tone until you put stickers all over it like Alvin did with Big Red. 

That's 5 guitars for you in month or so. I bow down. How about another with a big hole in it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

An STP sticker on an SG?  That would certainly allow me to fly over the frets.  We don't do set breaks, we do pit stops.

There is one acoustic I would like to get but right now it's finish up the electrics.  Maybe by September I'll be done with the suckers.  

This coronavirus really altered my plans.  Before it hit buying guitars was the last thing on my mind. 

The wife, God help me, wants me to renovate the kitchen and a bathroom, instead.  

Women!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

An STP sticker on an SG?  That would certainly allow me to fly over the frets.  We don't do set breaks, we do pit stops.

There is one acoustic I would like to get but right now it's finish up the electrics.  Maybe by September I'll be done with the suckers.  

This coronavirus really altered my plans.  Before it hit buying guitars was the last thing on my mind. 

The wife, God help me, wants me to renovate the kitchen and a bathroom, instead.  

Women!

If I ever get this Riviera Custom P93  in wine red come in, I'm done getting electric guitars. That would make 6.  Nice even number. I have a 7 guitar rack. The 12 strings in its case and the ovation acoustic is on the rack.  Stickers, I have never put on any guitar.  Good luck renovating your kitchen and bathroom Steve. We just finished both here.  Debbie is thrilled with both how they turned out. 

8 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

For me, the stickers go on the case for my #1:

IMG-20200703-110930.jpg

Thats cool.  I used to Drag Race the NHRA.  Last car was a 71 Dodge Colt with all chevy powered 350 engine, 12 bolt rear end, Arrow Dynamics  4130 Chrome Moly tubbing & 12 point roll cage.  I ran it in Pro Gas in the 70's and early 80's.  We had enough sponsorship stickers all over it.  So, didn't need any on guitars or cases. I understand band players that travel around playing that pick up stickers.  Nothing wrong with it, I just keep mine clean. 

my guitar still has the faded and worn away remnants of the Dean Markley and D'addario stickers on the back that were there when I got it 30 years ago and I was too lazy to bother to remove. My practice amp still has the sticker for US punk band Ten Foot Pole on it - like a corporate logo with mailing address so I assume it once belonged to them...again, too lazy to remove. [laugh]

On 7/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, SteveFord said:

And what lurks inside of that old case?  

Right now my Blueshawk is inside or when it leaves the house, the case has been home to a few LP's, it did carry my Gibson LP Spec DC to India and back.

Looks old and worn but extremely solid with thousands of air miles....

OByos4u.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 2