Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Canada Day

Sgt. Pepper

As a 'Merican I love Canada. Went to Vancouver on my Honeymoon and have been back to Vancouver about 6 or 7 times, Whistler, twice,  Montreal once, Toronto twice and Winsor twice, as my Aunt and Uncle lived right outside Detroit so it was a hop, skip and a jump. I want to go to Edmonton, Calgary, Quebec and Ottawa. I guess I'm gonna have to wait a while to go North again to get my passport stamped. I've been to a Canadian Football game, The Eskimos vs The Lions and a Pre-season Hockey game, The Canucks vs The Rangers. Been to the Hockey Hall of Fame too.

Is this your guys and girls (don't want to leave them out) Independence Day? If not what does it mean the Canucks?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

It is the day in 1867 Canada became Canada. Interesting history re 1812  when it began to take shape.WE love being Canadian and value our southern neighbours  and the rest of the planet.We are just like you guys but with such fewer numbers it is easier to spread out.Canucks ( Vancouver) hockey team needs help so does Toronto.Being Canadian is awesome.I hope to visit USA again and hope you all get a chance to get here ( dont buy all the gits with your value high dollar...)   ( "have a nice day  eh !! )

thanks for bringing it up   

Edited by jvi
addition

I grew up in San Jose, so I'm a Sharks fan. We came close once. The day I saw the Canucks play the Rangers, Messier was a Canuck and played, The Great One was a Ranger and didn't suit up. I was pissed. It was my only chance to see him.

2 hours ago, rct said:

Any Disney Person worth their salt knows the song Oh Canada from the Canada in EPCOT.  Love that movie and that song.  Take off ehy.

rct

I can only get to the "My Home And Native Land" line.

And I know' I Stand On Guard For Thee"

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Happy Canada Day.  Great country.  I’ve been to Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and many years ago while riding my motorcycle from the West Coast to the East Coast, I crossed into Canada at Port Huron, and rode across Ontario and crossed back into the U.S. at Buffalo, NY.  Always a good time.