Gibson Brands Forums

NEW David Gilmour Yes, I Have Ghosts

Rabs

22 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

Always up to listening to Gilmour..thanks for sharing it Rabs.

Always a pleasure sir..  [thumbup]

Sadly its not for a new album but for his wifes audio book... What ever that is.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 11:29 PM, Rabs said:

Always a pleasure sir..  [thumbup]

Sadly its not for a new album but for his wifes audio book... What ever that is.. 

Did you watch any of the lockdown vids?

Terrible muck.

Maybe I`m not arty enough.

Gilmour comes in 2 flavors for me. One is jaw dropping and the other is I couldn't care less. His work with Floyd up to The Wall is stellar. His first solo alum was really good. The Final Cut he barley played on it and I consider that the first Rog solo album even though Floyd's name is on the cover. David Gilmour's PF which what the last 2 Floyd albums should be titled, are way over produced David Gilmour solo albums with a guys or two from Floyd hanging on for the ride. About Face has a moment  or 2 and On An Island does too. His last solo album  was poo. This song is just boring. Come on Dave focus. Selling off his guitars must have melted his brain.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I listened to "Yes, I Have Ghosts" again this morning and I have to admit it is growing on me. It is troubling to see such a jaw dropping guitarist slipping gracefully into the twilight.. I'm not ready to fade, my hair is almost completely white, I think I may identify more with Neil Young's approach to mortality, hmmm I gotta go step on an Over Drive...

Edited by mihcmac

31 minutes ago, jdgm said:

The Kinks are one of the UK's forgotten great bands. They have so many great albums. 

The Lemonheads. Interesting Dave. I remember them. It's A Shame About Ray was an decent album. 

For me Animals was their peak. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 7/16/2020 at 9:17 PM, jdgm said:

This explains everything...

Ah! OK.

First thing I thought was 'His daughter uses a Leica M10! Smart Girl!...(*)'.

The second thing I thought was 'That sounds exactly like it should have been a Leonard Cohen song!...'

Third thing I thought was 'I rather like that song'.  Good for him.

(*) 0:45 mark. Very possibly an M10-M which is an utterly astonishing piece of kit.

Philip.

Edited by pippy