Gibson Brands Forums

A couple Gibbys

AzariahJames

2 hours ago, j45nick said:

Jack Johnson's guitar looks like a nice mid-50s J-45. Looks like some cool ukeleles hanging on the wall behind him. Great song, too.

Yeah, koa seems to be the local flavor.

So- do you think that count-off at the intro was used to piece it together? Who played it first? . . . Eddie (looking well & happy) is wearing the headphones.

2 hours ago, Paul14 said:

A couple more.

Is Mr Wade playing a J-45 Custom (rosewood)? I would get the stink-eye if ever tried to play like the other fellow- (what is that?. . . a Songwriter Cut O'way?), with all the M. Knopfler-like fills (using some facial FastFret @ 1:00).

Edited by 62burst

5 hours ago, 62burst said:

Eddie (looking well & happy) is wearing the headphones.

Yes he is and I been after the same set recently. Got the 990 250 ohm, but they are open-backs, which doesn't work when recording. Saw the new Roger Waters videos and he has these close-backs as well. Made me go for them, but had to find out their ohms first. Hard to spot with Waters, now this pair seems to be 80. Figured R.W. used that - I'm hereby certain.  Thx AJames ^

6 hours ago, 62burst said:

Yeah, koa seems to be the local flavor.

So- do you think that count-off at the intro was used to piece it together? Who played it first? . . . Eddie (looking well & happy) is wearing the headphones.

Is Mr Wade playing a J-45 Custom (rosewood)? I would get the stink-eye if ever tried to play like the other fellow- (what is that?. . . a Songwriter Cut O'way?), with all the M. Knopfler-like fills (using some facial FastFret @ 1:00).

I think Wade is playing a custom rw J-45. When I’ve seen him before it has been with a burst custom. He seems fond of those rw j-45’s.