Gibson Brands Forums

What year were you born?

Mr. Gibson

22 hours ago, Ordy said:

Not too many kids who were born in the 70's, 80's, 90's own Gibson's I guess. Just us old guys.

That's why I think Gibson still try to push innovation where they can get away with it. They probably surmise us old guys wont be replaced with more old guys when we are gone. 

On 7/15/2020 at 12:03 PM, Filbert said:

Right or wrong, when you go on sites like Reddit, discussing guitars, the line tossed around about Gibson is that they are really only bought by dentists or accountants who late in life, now have the money to afford one. Bit like Harley Davidsons in that regard I guess. So far, of all the people who have responded in this thread, I am the youngest and at 40, I don't really consider myself young at all. It's a shame that Gibson has gone from having a reputation for fine quality yet affordable instruments are now well into the prestige/boutique section in terms of pricing.

Having said all that, I bought a Jr Special recently for a very affordable and competitive price so hopefully this heralds Gibson getting back into the entry-level area a little more. Think of all those great bands in the 60's and 70's that made Gibson the name it is now; I'm not so sure many of those musicians starting out on their path to stardom would consider a Gibson at today's equivalent prices.

I never realized I look like an dentist or accountant...

20200226-133838.jpg

Congrats on the new guitar.

• Haha 1

Just now, TomG76 said:

1976, as you might have guessed.

Bohemian Rhapsody was No. 1 in the UK.

I took up the guitar three days before my 37th birthday. If that’s a mid-life crisis then I highly recommend them. One of the best decisions I ever made.