Gibson Brands Forums

This......

jdgm

....is why I joined the Gibson Forums.

WebLPd.jpg

The guitar is approx 2009 - I've never verified it yet - a Custom Shop Gibson LP custom which is the spec of a 1956 LP (goldtop) - solid mahogany, P90s (no staple pickup) and I think the colour is washed cherry.  I did not get a COA.

I am in the UK and bought this beautiful guitar from USA on ebay back in 2012.  It is everything you might imagine it to be from the picture.

After which I joined the Gibson forum in order to find out more and discuss guitars and related subjects with like-minded Gibson owners.   It has its ups and downs and has changed a lot since then but I have mostly really enjoyed it.  I got a warm welcome response to my very 1st post from a guy called Tim, a real expert.  I remember the Nugent wars, Fenderguy, Ludnuts.....I remember Axe, Shred, Milod, Dub, Surfpup, Stein, Rocketman, Donny, Retro, DaveinSpain, Cruz, RevLee, Searcy, my friend 4Hayden and many others.    I am dismayed to see the exit of Pippy and Big Bill, both of whom have been greats of the forum.   I hope Tman is ok.

But anyway......I hope you like the picture.  That really is what it is all aobut.

The row of albums you can see above the amp is alphabetically Coltrane to Doors; also includes Connors, Cooder, Corea, Coryell, Cream, Crimson, Davis, Desmond, and Dimeola.

Take care everyone.  

As Sparq (best wishes my friend) says, I'm gonna shut up now.

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 3

Lovely guitar jdgm - you have shown some beauties over the years...that black ES...oh man!

i joined to ask if anyone knew what my 69 Epi was as the only one I'd seen like it was on the Internet for sale in New York City....I later figured out it was my exact guitar and that the ad was 10 years old, during which someone shipped it to Oz [laugh]...I was very naive and the people here were cool about it. Yeah, 2013-16 were great here I thought, seemed like NGDs every day plus people building amps, guitars, pedals and whatnot  ....a great place to learn stuff and share thoughts about bands, albums and concerts. Good days generally!

• Like 1

I joined May 2015 after buying my 339. I wanted to know what to do about the G binding in the nut. 

At that time I didn't think I'd last. I was so shocked at the passionate outcry against the Nashville models (the 339 was then Memphis of course). Really glad I did stick around. I learned a lot here. Still am too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I joined this forum because... well they shut down the Fender forum.   If I have $2500 for a classic guitar, I'd rather buy a Fender and save the left over $1000 for my next guitar (or whatever).   I feel like Gibsons are the 'Ferrari' of the guitar world.  There's no doubt Ferrari makes amazing cars but I'm just way too practical to pay $800 -$1100 for an oil change.  Nothing against Ferrari owners (or Gibson owners).   It's just not me. 

I have used Gibson guitar cleaner/polish.  Great stuff and reasonably priced.  I own an Epiphone Lucille which is just OK but nowhere near the quality of my Ibanez.  Maybe I'll pick up a studio model Les Paul someday, but considering everything they leave off the list - what am I paying for, a logo?  

Anyway, that's my unpopular opinion. Here is my Epi Lucille.   It's definitely nice to look at:

IMG-20200706-201116.jpg

I'm gonna ask you a serious question. Are you on meds? You post the most whacked out s-hit.

What does guitar polish have to do with anything?

Thanks Fender. You screwed us. Is this the kind of drivel you posted there.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

A Gibson product:

GIBAIGG950_clip-6fc09e052c8d98d8d16a971d

I guess you're only allowed to speak about their products if you pay above a certain amount.  What is that amount?  

No but you just post alot of random nothingness sometimes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Did you happen to catch the bit about how to use "Ignore Users"?   I highly encourage you to use it so you can stop harassing me.  

I know but reading some of your posts, is cheaper than mushrooms.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Confused 1

Nice post jdgm. So that's a Les Paul Custom Custom. 😎 I miss a lot of those names you listed who I haven't seen on here in a while. Not all of them though. 🙂

I joined here sometime after I bought my LP Studio Plus in 2004. I know my date shows 2008, but I'm thinking I had an account earlier than that but there was some kind of crash and we all had to start over.

Edited by saturn
  • Like 1

I apologize for hijacking the thread and arguing with an unstable loon. Now let's get back to guitars.

Here is a very nice one I used to own. Its no Epi, but it did the job.

7EojopJ.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I know, how dare I call attention to the Gibson products I use.  Way off topic huh. 🙄 

ya..  da noive a some peeple...   !! 

anyhow,, back on topic I go..

JDGM,, a custom with P90s is unusual to me.  was that a special order?

I have 6 Gibbies,  5 electric 1 acoustic (see avatar).. 

gets me thinkin...  I should drop a family photo... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Ghost and Pepper, are you guys so bored that you have to destroy posts that other people may be enjoying?

Micmac,     I never thought I'd be defending Sgt.Pepper -   but I think he just pushed back on Ghost for the same reason you commented here.

GhostFL: "I joined this forum because... well they shut down the Fender forum.   If I have $2500 for a classic guitar, I'd rather buy a Fender and save the left over $1000 for my next guitar (or whatever).  "         Throwing cold water on a post  - when you don't own any Gibson's but  'have used the polish'  - knowing he's gotten lots of pushback already in the few months he's been here -  may be an indication of why they shut down the Fender Forum.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Throwing cold water on a post  - when you don't own any Gibson's but  'have used the polish'  - knowing he's gotten lots of pushback already in the few months he's been here -  may be an indication of why they shut down the Fender Forum.    

nah, it was purely a business decision...  they moved to social media, which we all know how THAT can go...  I was a member of that forum, it was pretty contentious.   Kind of like this forum lately.  

is there a connection?  dunno...

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

nah, it was purely a business decision...  they moved to social media, which we all know how THAT can go...  I was a member of that forum, it was pretty contentious.   Kind of like this forum lately.  

is there a connection?  dunno...

I agree Kid, you are being kind when you describe it as "contentious".  I checked it out before joining this forum..not my style at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kelly campbell said:

I agree Kid, you are being kind when you describe it as "contentious".  I checked it out before joining this forum..not my style at all.

yea..  it was a very unfriendly place considering everyone signed in there would be considered "Fellow" players and all.   not my style either.   this forum needs to work on it's ethics IMHO, it's not quite the same place it used to be.  That's on US..  we need to cut the crap..

• Like 2