Gibson Brands Forums

This......

jdgm

Nice looking Custom love the Wine Red with all that figure and grain.  I was never a big fan of P-90s, but the way everyone raves about them here I must be in the minority.  My first LP was a gold top with the soap bar p-90s.  I played it like that for about 6 years, and then had the top routed out and humbuckers put in it.  Many would say that was a big mistake, but I was gigging with that guitar and was very happy with the change.  I have always leaned toward clean sounds and the P-90s were pretty growly, whereas the HBers were brighter and livelier to my ear. 

• Like 2

I apologize to anyone I offended with my last post in here and do not wish to feed the frenzy.

I sold may last Gibson a few months ago, I currently have 5 Epiphones and 2 other brands. All P90 powered. 7 seems to be my max number that I can take care of because of my climate and clean the oxidation off of each every week.

3BqxmWY.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I apologize to anyone I offended with my last post in here and do not wish to feed the frenzy.

I sold may last Gibson a few months ago, I currently have 5 Epiphones and 2 other brands. All P90 powered. 7 seems to be my max number that I can take care of because of my climate and clean the oxidation off of each every week.

3BqxmWY.jpg

Nothings wrong with an Epi, and seven is the bomb!   I keep waffling between getting some LP traditional in the $2500 range.  Or an Epi sheraton, V, LP and Firebird...  you know, pull a Steve Ford.

Edited by uncle fester
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, mihcmac said:

3BqxmWY.jpg

Not to hijack this thread but out of curiosity I Googled "Heptahedronal Expression" and the first result was a thread on these forums about a Gibson ES 335 :-k I still don't know what that is though. 😀

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, saturn said:

Not to hijack this thread but out of curiosity I Googled "Heptahedronal Expression" and the first result was a thread on these forums about a Gibson ES 335 :-k I still don't know what that is though. 😀

A heptahedron is a geometric solid figure with 7 plane faces. So heptahedronal expression would  be some type of expression with a 7 sided figure. Whatever that is.
Edited by brad1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, brad1 said:

A heptahedron is a geometric solid figure with 7 plane faces. So heptahedronal expression would  be some type of expression with a 7 sided figure. Whatever that is.

Very good, you weren't asleep in your geometry class. A heptahedron is a 3 dimensional object with 7 faces. The number 7 keeps popping up in my life lately, like 7 guitars, I just turned 70, I was born in the 7th month and other weird things. I guess if I keep looking for sevens I will find them, like 7th dimensional space a position in space with 7 vectors . "Heptahedronal Expression" could be knowing where I am and really thinking about what I going to say, instead of reacting. There is some Zen in this, somewhere.

I keep hearing "Take It Easy" over and over in my head particularly the part "I've got seven women on my mind, Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me, One said she's a friend of mine". This happens a lot when I am physically working hard like pushing my lawn mower, which I am getting ready to finish the back half right now. 

I first joined this forum to talk about my Black Gibson Blues Hawk and compare it to my Sapphire Epiphone Blueshawk...

EXDCmyN.jpg

Edited by mihcmac
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Very good, you weren't asleep in your geometry class. A heptahedron is a 3 dimensional object with 7 faces. The number 7 keeps popping up in my life lately, like 7 guitars, I just turned 70, I was born in the 7th month and other weird things. I guess if I keep looking for sevens I will find them, like 7th dimensional space a position in space with 7 vectors . "Heptahedronal Expression" could be knowing where I am and really thinking about what I going to say, instead of reacting. There is some Zen in this, somewhere.

I keep hearing "Take It Easy" over and over in my head particularly the part "I've got seven women on my mind, Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me, One said she's a friend of mine". This happens a lot when I am physically working hard like pushing my lawn mower, which I am getting ready to finish the back half right now. 

I first joined this forum to talk about my Black Gibson Blues Hawk and compare it to my Sapphire Epiphone Blueshawk...

EXDCmyN.jpg

I had calculus in High School (and passed). Math was always easy for me.

7 is also a very significant number in the world of Christianity. I think it appears in the Bible over 700 times.

It took God six days to make earth, on the 7th day he rested. The Sabbath is on the 7th day of a 7 day week. The walls of Jericho fell down after 7 days of marching around it , etc.

7 is a cool number. Always been my favorite! [smile]

Edited by brad1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, brad1 said:

7 is also a very significant number in the world of Christianity. I think it appears in the Bible over 700 times.

It took God six days to make earth, on the 7th day he rested. The Sabbath is on the 7th day of a 7 day week. The walls of Jericho fell down after 7 days of marching around it , etc.

Very good, Seven is also representational of Christ a perfect number, where six six six is almost Seven but didn't quite make it.

Edited by mihcmac

2 hours ago, brad1 said:

I had calculus in High School (and passed). Math was always easy for me.

40 is another # that shows up in scripture often.  40 days...  

• Like 1