Gibson Brands Forums

Real Gibson?

ronnymaes

I don't mind people asking the question and posting pics, as most of them are probably legit...they are looking at something on craigslist or a pawn shop and don't want to get taken. I'm not too hip on pointing out exactly HOW we know it's fake. The "wrong" people watch posts like this, I'm sure.

17 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

I don't mind people asking the question and posting pics, as most of them are probably legit...they are looking at something on craigslist or a pawn shop and don't want to get taken. I'm not too hip on pointing out exactly HOW we know it's fake. The "wrong" people watch posts like this, I'm sure.

yea that's what I feel too.  Probably be a good practice to take some of the details to a PM with the person asking the question,  it's what I normally do but last 2 threads that popped up I didn't do that.

18 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

You can go on YT and watch scores of vids on how to spot fakes, I think the fakers know, they either don't have all the right equipment to build it closer to the real thing, or don't care (that is obvious), or just cut corners to them out the door as fast as they can.

• Confused 1