Gibson Brands Forums

Sorry to hear that we lost another legend today

Loved me some Charie Daniels! That dude could play the guitar, fiddle, banjo, you name it!

First song I ever heard on the radio was "The Devil Went Down to Georgia". I was about 13 I think.  And I was living in Georgia at the time. They played that song a lot back then around them parts.

The one thing you could truly say about CD is he was authentic. He was himself. And he could write songs and sing them with the best of 'em.

Thanks for all the great music, AND the great lyrics Charlie! RIP

I saw the CBD in Biloxi, MS back in the mid 1990s.  Great concert.  And a lot of great songs/albums to his credit.  The Legend of Wooly Swamp is one of my favorite songs.  Impressive career.

RIP Charlie.

Edited by tx-ogre

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is it just me or did the Devil play better than the fiddler in that song?

Not you. I always thought the same thing every time I heard the song. I thought the devil blew him away. [smile]

Edited by brad1

1 hour ago, brad1 said:

Not you. I always thought the same thing every time I heard the song. I thought the devil blew him away. [smile]

Ennio Morricone passed away too. He wrote those Clint spaghetti western scores. I looked it up to he was in his 90's.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

I saw the CBD in Biloxi, MS back in the mid 1990s.  Great concert.  And a lot of great songs/albums to his credit.  The Legend of Wooly Swamp is one of my favorite songs.  Impressive career.

RIP Charlie.

And on certain nights if the moon is right..........

..........you can hear that old man laugh.

RIP Charlie.