Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird

Paul14

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. 'Wonder if it was played on a Hummingbird. . . nahh

A recent conversation with a friend about the metabolic rate of the actual Hummingbird bird scared up some other interesting facts- they really are a special creature. 

The 'Bird:

- flaps it's wings more than 4,000 times/minute

-it's heart rate can be up to 1,260 beats/minute

No wonder it's all about the nectar.

19 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

O yea, , hallelujah ^ playing this on anything else is bound to mean less luck. What do we hear here - haven't got a clue, but the solo is mellow like a wooden saddle.

Good post  

The couple of ring-outs he does to close the song sound convincing enough to me, but I'm a long way away from being able to pick out guitars by their sound.

19 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

O yea, , hallelujah ^ playing this on anything else is bound to mean less luck. What do we hear here - haven't got a clue, but the solo is mellow like a wooden saddle.

Good post  

If it was Ray Wylie on the rhythm, and Peter Rowan on the fills/solos (and backup vocal), it might've just been done on a Martinbird. An old Martinbird.

3 hours ago, 62burst said:

If it was Ray Wylie on the rhythm, and Peter Rowan on the fills/solos (and backup vocal), it might've just been done on a Martinbird. An old Martinbird.

Are you saying this tune was played on guitars that never existed, do not and will not ever exist. . 

57 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Are you saying this tune was played on guitars that never existed, do not and will not ever exist. . 

If only.

It sounded like if Ray WH kicked the tune off, playing his slope, then, unless he went back and overdubbed the solos/fills, then Peter would be who we were hearing on those parts. And he's been playing a M or 2 over the years.

9 minutes ago, 62burst said:

If only.

It sounded like if Ray WH kicked the tune off, playing his slope, then, unless he went back and overdubbed the solos/fills, then Peter would be who we were hearing on those parts. And he's been playing a M or 2 over the years.

Okay - I encountered R.W.H. here on the Board and quite like him. But could see yourself celebrating the D-28  in a song played on a  CW - or a D-45 hailed on a J-45 😵