Gibson Brands Forums

Strapped or strapless.

Roxx

On 7/21/2020 at 2:49 AM, TomG76 said:

I much prefer sitting down to play.

You can practise guitar in your room for years before you venture on stage, which is what I did!

Me to. Not so sure if I could stand in one place on stage and play for 30 minutes with my lower back pain. 

1 hour ago, Retired said:

Me to. Not so sure if I could stand in one place on stage and play for 30 minutes with my lower back pain. 

I prefer to stand but after damaging my ankle I use a fold-up counter stool so I can easily transition from standing to sitting.

12 hours ago, Retired said:

I've had to play seated twice (in 20 years) because of injuries in the past. Its ok. TBH I play better seated anyway.

I can think of two players that always did. Michael "Mikey" Houser and Bob Fripp.

7 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I've had to play seated twice (in 20 years) because of injuries in the past. Its ok. TBH I play better seated anyway.

I can think of two players that always did. Michael "Mikey" Houser and Bob Fripp.

You know?  I tried it out, put a strap on a guitar and stood to play. Yes, I can, but the guitar doesn't hang right like sitting,  Chords seem easier to do for me as solos seem harder to do for some reason.  I have 5 electric and 1 acoustic guitar in a 7 guitar rack against the wall. Right next to it on the right is a beautiful chair  that turns where I sit.  and 2 amps are stacked right next to it on the right, so I have easy access to it all.  My music stand is in front of the chair and I can switch guitars around as I want.  Only have to get up to fetch the 12 string on the other rack on the other wall.  When the Riviera comes in, I will have the 3 acoustics on that wall. 

I noticed while I was walking around my yard this morning playing my heavy LP with my micro Marshall I was frequently gazing for some place to sit, then when I got close to different structures the acoustics changed and I forgot about sitting.

• 1 month later...