Gibson Brands Forums

Durable Guitar Cord Needed

SteveFord

On 7/17/2020 at 7:23 AM, kidblast said:

LOL!  did you notice any latency?  Some people swear that they do, but with the ones I'm using I really don't notice it.

Latency - None that I noticed.  Played it with a looper and no issues staying in sync. 

FWIW - My impression, they're a little bigger than I thought they'd be, and 'durable' is not a word that comes to mind when i pick them up - but I love not having a chord.  There is the maintenance aspect of needing to make sure they're charged for when you want to use them, so think a back up chord is still required for any gig night, but for what they're supposed to do - I give them a thumbs up.

• Thanks 1

I don't detect latency either.  And I am OCD about this stuff..  I hear things other guys I play with don't.  Did yours come with dual end charge cable?  I just keep that handy and these things charge p in just a few minutes. 

You can get a few hours out of them, long enough for a full gig as long as you shut them off between sets.   I think about 3 hours is MAX for these.  The line 6 with the AAs go about 8hrs.

I wouldn't go anywhere with out a good cable for a backup.. I've never had that kind of trust for these.   Since some of these travel in the same HZ range as wifi routers,  your signal could drop out momentarily unexpectedly.

11 hours ago, SteveFord said:

The Roland showed up last night, much better than anything I've had before.

Yep.. They are the heaviest insulated guitar cables I have seen, a  good feature is that they coil nicely and resist being wadded up and stuffed into a bag. In addition there are gold tip versions as well. 

Edited by mihcmac

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Can you change what wifi channel it uses?  If so, get yourself an app called WiFi Analyzer (free for Android). 

It will show you which channels are most saturated - run a survey at each venue and then configure your device to use the least saturated channels. 

The expensiverest Shure and Sennheiser type things do that for you.

rct

4 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Latency - None that I noticed.  Played it with a looper and no issues staying in sync. 

FWIW - My impression, they're a little bigger than I thought they'd be, and 'durable' is not a word that comes to mind when i pick them up - but I love not having a chord.  There is the maintenance aspect of needing to make sure they're charged for when you want to use them, so think a back up chord is still required for any gig night, but for what they're supposed to do - I give them a thumbs up.

Your 5.8Ghz won't be effected by all the 2.4Ghz noise. Drones are usually controlled by 2.4Ghz but they normally use 5.8Ghz for video transmission. Most modern 2.4Ghz WiFi devices are set to automatically seek out a channel in the 2.4Ghz range with least traffic. Cell phones are usually set to find Hot Spots automatically for data transmission. Also Siri and Alexa use 2.4Ghz to connect s well as things like the Amazon Firestick. In my house there are only 2 of us but my router shows over 10 connections..

If you were to walk down a street in any city while using a WiFi scanner you wouldn't believe the amount of 2.4 devices vying for space.

Edited by mihcmac

1 minute ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Imma have to disagree on that point.  Expensive wifi devices do. Your home router?  Well, I refer you to the graphic I posted above.  8 wifi devices showing and only 1 decided to be in the Ch 4-8 range. 

Well there are channels 1 through 13 ready to be used. and to get a good connection you usually need at least 1 channel space between your channel and the next users connection from a different source.

30 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

In a WiFi saturated area, that may be impossible.  And that is what we are talking about. 

Every area has different usage depending on population density.. If possible you need to seek a channel with the least amount of noise.

My last job here before I retired, was as a large area wireless network administrator.

Edited by mihcmac

Steve if you play your HD-28 you wont need a cable. I used Pig Hog cables  when I plugged in.  I gave must away my buddy. The ones I got had that slippery cotton jacket over the top.  One end is a 90 and one is straight. I saved one cause I have a Jazz Bass and a Acoustic B100 amp. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1