Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a real Gibson?

BLG

I got this shot of the serial number on a Gibson Les Paul Custom Pro 2017 I'm thinking of buying but it doesn't fit the supposed format. The CS shouldn't have any space after it and also there's no Made in USA. Can anyone tell me if this is real? The full listing is here: https://monterey.craigslist.org/msg/d/pacific-grove-gibson-les-paul-custom/7157253731.html

headstock.thumb.jpg.839b355edac5934261eb979c0973c4f4.jpg

The description says uncovered Burstbuckers, and an ABR-1, but it whatever pickups those may be they are certainly covered, and that is not an ABR-1 bridge so??  I am not saying it's a fake, but why the wrong information, seems a little sketchy to me.

18 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I wouldn't buy it.  Don't buy the ticket and get on the ride. Its not safe.

it was probably legit  we had a nice talk in PM about things that he was able to run down,, and from that  It passed a few red flag tests  but he's moved on, and not going for it.

2 minutes ago, kidblast said:

it was probably legit  we had a nice talk in PM about things that he was able to run down,, and from that  It passed a few red flag tests  but he's moved on, and not going for it.

Some of the pics looked off. But if you had him open the control cavity and it has Gibson pots and under the TRC it looked good.  

27 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I can only say that what I was interested in seeing if I was checking, was good.     I don't wanna say that here cuz we don't wanna help these jokers make better fakes..

I'm sure people faking know, they just cut corners. How to spot  fakes is all over YT. If I can see it so can any one in the net.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper