Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone have experience with Vox Virage DC guitars?

jaxson50

I ran across one on our local CL,  watched a few vids. But can't really find any straight poop on them, other than the obvious,  made in Japan, that should be a plus,  just wondering if anyonehas had one?

Edited by jaxson50

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I dont, but tried finding stuff too. They do seem excellent, though pricey. Cant even find who makes them (just curious, all MIJ are good). 

You have the same question I have,  I can't find which Japanese company builds them, the pickups are different,  all the vids are positive. 

Must be something wrong!

9 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Fujigen! Excellent.

My CoolZ 'Tele' is Fujigen built. So many small details improved/redesigned make it a great playing experience. 

So will you be making a visit to check out the guitar?

I'm gonna pass as it would be a 4 hour drive just to get there,  otherwise I would be on it.

Guys who have them like them. They were short lived though. Vox was trying to do Gibsons & I think people want Vox to be Vox.. They had some cool Guitar designs back in the 60's. But, suffered from quality issues.. 

They tried a reissue Brian Jones Teardrop but it too was short lived...

• 2 weeks later...

When those came out back in the late 2000s, I was constantly watching the Vox Virage videos.  They're a very versatile guitar.  I believe they were also made in Japan.

Never got the pleasure of playing one, but from everything I heard and saw on line, they're a tone machine.

Edited by Californiaman
Whoops

1 hour ago, Californiaman said:

When those came out back in the late 2000s, I was constantly watching the Vox Virage videos.  They're a very versatile guitar.  I believe they were also made in Japan.

Never got the pleasure of playing one, but from everything I heard and saw on line, they're a tone machine.

As mentioned earlier, they were made at the Fugigen facility that also produces high end Fenders, Ibanez and others..

• 4 months later...