Gibson Brands Forums

ES335 manufacturing status?

Jersey Jack

Does anyone know what’s going on with ES 335 manufacturing?  I want to buy a vintage burst satin ES 335, but all the stores are showing out-of-stock.  I preordered one from Musicians Friend over three weeks ago; since then they gave me 2 expected shipping dates and missed both of them.  Now they won’t even give me an expected shipping date.

I’d love to buy used, but I can’t find any of these guitars for sale anywhere.  Nothing....

I suppose the supply chain was disrupted by the virus, but wouldn’t the big dealers get preference once production restarts?  And if production hasn’t restarted, why would stores accept pre-orders?  Are there smaller dealers that get special treatment from Gibson?  Any ideas about how to get this guitar?

3 hours ago, Jersey Jack said:

Does anyone know what’s going on with ES 335 manufacturing?  I want to buy a vintage burst satin ES 335, but all the stores are showing out-of-stock.  I preordered one from Musicians Friend over three weeks ago; since then they gave me 2 expected shipping dates and missed both of them.  Now they won’t even give me an expected shipping date.

I’d love to buy used, but I can’t find any of these guitars for sale anywhere.  Nothing....

I suppose the supply chain was disrupted by the virus, but wouldn’t the big dealers get preference once production restarts?  And if production hasn’t restarted, why would stores accept pre-orders?  Are there smaller dealers that get special treatment from Gibson?  Any ideas about how to get this guitar?

You do know we have a crisis going on in not just America but the world right?

• 1 month later...

Another thing slowing ES models down was the move from Memphis to Nashville.  All the tools, bending machines etc were crated up and moved to the Nashville plant and then re-set up etc.  Along with shut downs for Covid pandemic they are just way behind.