Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Karloff

NAD - Red October

Recommended Posts

just got this . has been in the store for 8 or 9 years.  the 1x12 & 2x12 models sold within 2 weeks.  no one was dumb enough to buy this one. that's where I come into the story lol.  4x10, sounds great, looks great & so heavy you think it's bolted to the floor.  who needs a lower back anyway. 

 

red-october.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NICE!  those  4x10 DeVille amps are beasts..  I've had a black/silver one since 1998.     Still works great..

Does not posses the greatest sounding drive channel but these amps take pedals in front of the input nicely.  For me, the drive channel works great as a clean boost.

 

And yea, they be pretty heavy BUT still not as heavy as my Gibson Goldtone

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a 2x12 Deville. At 60 watts it was punishingly loud. Anything up past 4 with gain was like being at a Motorhead concert.

Nothing is as killer as Fender clean tone.

Congrats.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Kool, I always liked the sound of 4x10's, I had a a 4x10 silver sparkle Tuck n Roll Kustom combo back in another life.

sorry had a typo, but I did like the the 4x10 combo's they were a little lighter than a 4x12 equivalent, but not much.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidblast said:

NICE!  those  4x10 DeVille amps are beasts..  I've had a black/silver one since 1998.     Still works great..

Does not posses the greatest sounding drive channel but these amps take pedals in front of the input nicely.  For me, the drive channel works great as a clean boost.

 

And yea, they be pretty heavy BUT still not as heavy as my Gibson Goldtone

Ray,  you are correct. still not as heavy as a Goldtone, lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

That's a statement piece,  time to introduce yourself to your neighbors.  Congrats!

lol. you're not kidding. its a loud one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kidblast said:

NICE!  those  4x10 DeVille amps are beasts..  I've had a black/silver one since 1998.     Still works great..

Does not posses the greatest sounding drive channel but these amps take pedals in front of the input nicely.  For me, the drive channel works great as a clean boost.

 

And yea, they be pretty heavy BUT still not as heavy as my Gibson Goldtone

Ray, what speakers are in yours ? Jensens or Eminence ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!  Red things are always better, especially guitars and amps!

I threw my back out just reading this thread.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, rct said:

Nice!  Red things are always better, especially guitars and amps!

I threw my back out just reading this thread.

rct

we have digital bathroom scales good up to 300 lbs. I'm 225. I picked it up and stepped on the scales and the screen voided out.  I tried to weigh it by itself on the scales the best I could.  83 lbs.  someday I'll try something more accurate but meanwhile lets just say it's heavy. I really like it though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, nothing not to like about that thing, no matter what it weighs!

rct

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere around 80 sounds right. You got a transformer in there and 4 magnets ect. Once I had mine in place it never moved till I sold it.

They should come with Leo Fender casters.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Karloff said:

we have digital bathroom scales good up to 300 lbs. I'm 225. I picked it up and stepped on the scales and the screen voided out.  I tried to weigh it by itself on the scales the best I could.  83 lbs.  someday I'll try something more accurate but meanwhile lets just say it's heavy. I really like it though. 

According to the Internet ( the new age bible for millennials) it weighs around 50 lbs or 24.5 kilograms.

It probably sounds as amazing as it looks! Congrats!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, uncle fester said:

That's a statement piece,  time to introduce yourself to your neighbors.  Congrats!

I did just that as a teen,  About 2 blocks worth outside with my 2 cousins playing. Haha.   Wish I had that amp back.  I love red, and that's a very nice amp Karloff.  Enjoy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice amp and a nice, unique color.  Congrats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

According to the Internet ( the new age bible for millennials) it weighs around 50 lbs or 24.5 kilograms.

It probably sounds as amazing as it looks! Congrats!

I know, all the specs say 50# lol, but trust me. it's not 50 ... but you know rather than make a grossly false claim, ill just stick with its heavy.  i really like it. 

Edited by Karloff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Karloff said:

I know, all the specs say 50# lol, but trust me. it's not 50 ... but you know rather than make a grossly false claim, ill just stick with its heavy.  i really like it. 

That's all that matters,rock on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Karloff said:

Ray, what speakers are in yours ? Jensens or Eminence ?

Jensens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, saturn said:

Nice. So it was actually sitting there unsold for 8 years? Does that make it NOS?

yep, lol. after awhile they had it under the Boss pedal display ...  it's just been sitting there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Karloff said:

yep, lol. after awhile they had it under the Boss pedal display ...  it's just been sitting there. 

Hope you got it for a song. Or less than $999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool color - don't recall seeing that before.  My partner in a band I was in for 15-20 years used one of those (black/silver), and I used the 1 X 12 Hot Rod Deville.  Needless to say it was a loud band.  The weight is a hassle, but the sound from 4 X 10 is so nice.  Since there aren't many gigs to play anyway you can just set it up where you play most often and it doesn't have to be moved around much.  Congrats on a good find you will enjoy it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...