Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sugarcool6

Vintage Guitars V1003 BB

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

grazie Joel. Tre pickup su un Lester non mi sembrano mai giusti.

I thought you were English. Don't you guys usually put a "U" in words were us rebels that broke away from the colony omit it?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Not delighted about that third pickup either, all due respect to Peter Frampton. 

I don't wanta get exiled from this forum, but 3 pickups belong on a Strat - and only on a Strat.

1 hour ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Not delighted about that third pickup either, all due respect to Peter Frampton. 

I don't wanta get exiled from this forum, but 3 pickups belong on a Strat - and only on a Strat.

I though Frampton had a Gibson LP Custom with 3 pups?

Peter-Frampton-Frampton.thumb.jpg.1ec2d6f1f30c682c1059c7e57a1dd744.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, Frampton really did have 3 on an LP.  My view is, only Strats are allowed 3 - and NOT h'buckers at that!

I guess when you start your own company and make guitars you can put as many or as few pups on your guitars.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I guess when you start your own company and make guitars you can put as many or as few pups on your guitars.

I'd never buy, rent, borrow or steal a 3-bucker LP or clone. But it's just my point of view, I'm not going to war over that, Sergeant :]

4 hours ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Quite so.

Frampton was wrong.

We all make mistakes from time to time.

My 1st wife. Boris shaking hands in the hospital. Austen's Pride & Prejudice. Frampton's 3 pickup Lester. 

I'm the only one out of that collection to learn from the mistake though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I thought you were English. Don't you guys usually put a "U" in words were us rebels that broke away from the colony omit it?

Yes. default_eusa_whistle.gif I also delight in pronouncing that Texan band's name as Zed Zed Top. 

• Like 1

I'd never buy, rent, borrow or steal a 3-bucker LP or clone. But it's just my point of view, I'm not going to war over that, Sergeant :]

It's called a discussion. I don't think guitars should come blue but they do. It's called personal choice.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Yes. default_eusa_whistle.gif I also delight in pronouncing that Texan band's name as Zed Zed Top. 

Yep and Rush made YYZed not YYZ.

You still listening to Night Vale or was one enough. Carlos has perfect hair and Big Rico's has the best pizza in town. It's The only pizza place in town but it's still the best.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I don't think guitars should come blue but they do. 

mmmm....blue guitars....

Two-Tone-1.jpg

EJ-June-2017-2.jpg

rct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Oh thank you.  In my glory days, when the chicken wire was in front of the band to keep the womens off me, none of my strats had three pickups.  Two pickups is all a guitar needs, including strats.  Recent decade or so I just leave the middle pickup in so they are at least tradeable or sellable in a hurry.  But for certain, Three Way Switch in all of my strats since back then.  The five way switch is an abomination, I have never forgiven the ghost of Leo for allowing it.

rct

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Three saddles are a pain but yes, they intonate well enough for a bar band.  If recording I might have to dink with it a bit.  Two pairs of pliers, bend the saddles the way you need them, same as it ever was.  I'd rather not have them, but I don't change them, never had a tele so bad I had to ditch the three saddle bridge.

rct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Blackmore didn't need that pesky middle pup.

He did not.  I don't know when he ever saw me without mine and knocked off my Tone Secret, musta been that one time with them guys at that one place.

rct

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

One question on the 3-saddle Tele  - does it intonate properly?
(I have never owned one, but heard some ugly stories...)

You just have to split the difference and settle. I owned 4 or 5 Teles. 2 with the tree saddles.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rct said:

He did not.  I don't know when he ever saw me without mine and knocked off my Tone Secret, musta been that one time with them guys at that one place.

rct

I was there and it was him. He wore a hat so it was hard to tell. That place is long gone. I think it's a Walmart now.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2