Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone DOT - Replacment Bridge and Stop Tailpiece

docr

This questions has been discussed many times in this forum as I assume, but the search function did not bring too much.

I have a Epi DOT, built in 2004 or 2005. I have changed the pickups to a nice set from a pickup builder in Austria. They have nickel covers and the original  bridge/tailpiece are chrome. To harmonize the optical impression, I want to replace those two parts. There is a huge market for bridges/tailpieces and I found some nice things in the ABM webstore.

Now the question - does anybody know, if bridges / stop tailpieces for a Gibson ES335 would fit on my Epiphone DOT? I am afraid that there will be differences.

The DOT needed new tuning machines - the Kluson replacment parts work good and have a very reasonable price, the guitar itself is in good conditions which was the basement for an invesment in better hardware anyhow.

Parts for gibson will be imperial measurement, asian spec is metric. 

I put a gotoh GE103B Nashville bridge on my dot studio a few years ago, mainly for a little extra travel on the g saddle but it was a far superior bridge and a noticeable upgrade.