Gibson Brands Forums

I'm tired of it....

Mr. Gibson

On 7/24/2020 at 7:24 PM, tx-ogre said:

I don’t know.  I’ve heard that nothing leads to productive dispute resolution discussions more than flying bricks and burning buildings.  It really helps get things off to a smooth start.

I know  !  Right ??!

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Here's my take. F pro athletes. Bunch of overpaid crybabies. LeBron James has a high school diploma and if he wasn't skilled enough to put a ball throught a hoop, he would be dropping fries at Mc D Land. Mom I'm not going to college LeBron didn't. Roll model my a-ss. 

Nice your team took a few.

actually I'm a Boston fan. have been since Brooks Robinson retired in '77.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I worked for Norfolk Southern right after I got out of the service. After a year and half of being on 3rd shift, I had enough. I'm a contractor for NASA now. I maintain and help operate a NASA wind tunnel. This is gonna be week 17 working from home. I could do this till I retire.

Heh, so another Railroader here anyway. Even if it was for a short time. The best part is the retirement benefits.  Thats the only reason I stuck it out. NASA would be very interesting to work for.  Deb & I visited the one in Florida way back.  We loved their security.  Snakes, alligators, Swamps.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That's funny. Go get a bowl of super sugar O's.

I wish, fruit juice, water, tea is about it they said!  

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

I missed breakfast! 

Laugh out loud, Wanna trade places? Just a liquid diet yesterday and today with a colonoscopy set for 11:00 Tuesday. 

19 minutes ago, Retired said:

Laugh out loud, Wanna trade places? Just a liquid diet yesterday and today with a colonoscopy set for 11:00 Tuesday. 

I've already had one of those. Not as horrible as it sounds, but I wouldn't turn it into a hobby. 

Good luck on Tuesday! 

26 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I've already had one of those. Not as horrible as it sounds, but I wouldn't turn it into a hobby. 

Good luck on Tuesday! 

Thanks, I'm just not looking forward to the stuff I have to drink tonight. They said it had lemon flavor so maybe not too bad? I'll find out later. 

58 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I worked at a Gasto doctor's office for a few years. They have changed the formula of that stuff over time. They used to make you drink a gallon of it.  I don't think anyone does that any more.  When I stopped working there, it was a half gallon.  They do what they can about the taste, but it is what it is.  It's not going to be fun but everyone manages to do it.  The description I heard a lot was "chalky".   

Either way, it’s just a lot of crap!.....lol

Edited by MissouriPicker

8 hours ago, Retired said:

Heh, so another Railroader here anyway. Even if it was for a short time. The best part is the retirement benefits.  Thats the only reason I stuck it out. NASA would be very interesting to work for.  Deb & I visited the one in Florida way back.  We loved their security.  Snakes, alligators, Swamps.  

I wanted to stay for the retirement but it the job was not what I thought it would be. I was a maintenance electrician, and where I worked it was nothing but coal coming in from WV, and then it got loaded on to ships to go overseas. The people other than the operators,  keep the coal running on the conveyer belts. Management was a bunch of d-ouches. They claimed they are all about safety, but then they just what the job done no matter what.

The whole entire NASA facility that I work at is mostly wind tunnel testing. I think there are over 20 on the facility.  We have a model in the wind tunnel I work at right now that is way behind the test schedule. It is a model of a rocket that in about 5 years is supposed to be built and go to Jupiter or Saturn.  Lot of smart people collect data. I just fix stuff that breaks. Oh, in case anyone wants to know. In the big hanger on the facility is where in '69 they filmed and faked the moon landing. I actually work with people that believe that. I was also in the Navy and the Coast Guard and sailed all over in many oceans and never when over the edge either.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Let's see, had a boa constrictor miss the food and tag my hand at lunch time and being on blood thinners it took a while to finally stop bleeding.

Our mail delivery is maybe 3 times a week so that gave me an excuse to go for a motorcycle ride after work to swing by the Post Office and I finally put down that 2007 Explorer and went back to the tobacco sunburst Firebird V.  That's the one I had to put two new tuners in as one snapped and one was not doing what it was supposed to.

I really missed playing this Firebird.  That Explorer was murder in this chair I'm sitting in, it weighs a ton and kept trying to slide off the side of the chair.

Wife still hasn't seen the black Firebird, she'd probably notice it if I brought it downstairs...

10 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I worked at a Gasto doctor's office for a few years. They have changed the formula of that stuff over time. They used to make you drink a gallon of it.  I don't think anyone does that any more.  When I stopped working there, it was a half gallon.  They do what they can about the taste, but it is what it is.  It's not going to be fun but everyone manages to do it.  The description I heard a lot was "chalky".   

Chalky is about right. First poop after will be all white. 

18 hours ago, Retired said:

I worked with a guy who had worked at Cape Canaveral in the 70s.  They had had a massive brush fire over much of their undeveloped, massive site. They worked with bulldozers to put out the lower vegetation fires.  Rattlesnakes kept trying to get on the bulldozers, so they had guys literally riding shotgun to blast them off.  

4 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I worked with a guy who had worked at Cape Canaveral in the 70s.  They had had a massive brush fire over much of their undeveloped, massive site. They worked with bulldozers to put out the lower vegetation fires.  Rattlesnakes kept trying to get on the bulldozers, so they had guys literally riding shotgun to blast them off.  

We might get a raccoon or squirrel in the building if we leave our roll up doors opened to long. One of the other electricians in my office is an incessant snacker, so he's always got crumbs on his desk. The field mice always s-hit over on his desk.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper