Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

I'm tired of it....

2 hours ago, Pinch said:

I want a used-car salesman presiding at my funeral. "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust... and, speaking of cheap off-road vehicles..."

Didn't watch it. Care to summarize?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/us/politics/john-lewis-funeral-barack-obama.html

And yeah I'm sure the orange guy wasn't invited.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Oh and Ringo - absolutely a top shelf drummer. 

He's way better than me. Hell a kid who has only been playing for a week is better than me. Love the drum sound they got on Come Together.

He wasn't overly technical on any track.  He played to support the vocal line.  His playing would have been out of place in a band like Rush, just like Peart would have been out of place in the Beatles.  "Put away the rototoms Neil, this is 'Love Me Do'.  

12 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

He wasn't overly technical on any track.  He played to support the vocal line.  His playing would have been out of place in a band like Rush, just like Peart would have been out of place in the Beatles.  "Put away the rototoms Neil, this is 'Love Me Do'.  

He was what The Beatles need, a backbeat.

Neil had every possible percussive thing in his kit and then one more. Saw them 8 times. Jammed A Farewell To Kings yesterday. That I'm not tired of...

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 8/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, jvi said:

Ringo is a great drummer, yer right there.

I was told that Ringo was one of the few drummers who could always keep a perfect beat.  Never off. 

On 7/31/2020 at 9:16 PM, MissouriPicker said:

Reminds me of an old joke...................Him:  You been gettin' any on the side?          Me;  Hell, it's been so long, I didn't know they moved it.

😎

5 hours ago, northcntryblues said:

Perhaps if the current President actually showed up once in a while to pay some respect, there would be no need for this type of 'political' speech.   

I respect your opinion, but I don't think he did the right thing.

Lets see, I hate that its going on the 7th week now and still no guitar has come in.  

2 hours ago, Retired said:

Lets see, I hate that its going on the 7th week now and still no guitar has come in.  

Loco

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Loco

Yeah, Told Debbie, if it doesn't come this week, then I am going to tell them Forget it.  I gave you plenty of time and will order it from Sweetwater. 

1 minute ago, Retired said:

Yeah, Told Debbie, if it doesn't come this week, then I am going to tell them Forget it.  I gave you plenty of time and will order it from Sweetwater. 

Yep. That is muy loco. I guess they had to grow the trees and cure the wood.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yep. That is muy loco. I guess they had to grow the trees and cure the wood.

Its supposedly held up in California, but if it's still there, then maybe they closed down?  Getting ridicules anyway. 

13 hours ago, Retired said:

Its supposedly held up in California, but if it's still there, then maybe they closed down?  Getting ridicules anyway. 

Who did you order it from? And what guitar, sorry if I missed that part of it.

8 hours ago, kelly campbell said:

Who did you order it from? And what guitar, sorry if I missed that part of it.

I ordered a custom Riviera P93 in wine red from Dietze Music 6 weeks ago. I didn't see who they actually ordered it from. It was supposed to arrive in 10 to 12 days. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I'm tired of being tired.

Im tired of fixing tires.

Im tired of being too tired to fix tires.

the end.

Consider the Alternative!    6 Feet under? Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have leaned this year that I am apparently an essential worker.  I want a raise.  You may call me sir.

And to the ones that really are essential, thank you for your service.

It's to hot and wet to fish, I hate that...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seagull said:

I have leaned this year that I am apparently an essential worker.  I want a raise.  You may call me sir.

And to the ones that really are essential, thank you for your service.

It's to hot and wet to fish, I hate that...

I wouldn't recommend this but,  Way back out of high school, I worked at Omaha Standard.  Over 3 years and they wouldn't give me a raise.  I worked my butt off 9 hours a day even setting records on racks I got done.  One day I had enough and hopped up on my rack to sit down & let the work pile up.  The leadman came over to ask what was going on?  I told him, it was my journeyman wages stopping me.  He sent me to the foreman's office and when I came back he was shocked that I got my raise instead of being fired.  Then the work started up again. Lol. 

Mufflerless motorcycles!

At least weld some type of metalic reed valve in the piping so you can tune them. 2 cylinder bike =power chord.

Imagine Sturgis,,,,, thousands of bikes rocking to AC/DC!