Gibson Brands Forums

New album (Gibson related content!)

Jinder

Hi all,

Just a quick message to let you know that I have a new album out today...it's called 'Almanac for the Failing Days' and was written and recorded whilst I was recovering from Covid-19 in March/April/May this year. 

It's an entirely Gibson flavoured record, I used my '95 Dove for everything other than 'Canada's Band' which was my SJ200, 'Shawcross' which was my Maple AJ, and 'Trust, Josephine' and 'Agony (Night Comes In) which were both my Hummingbird 12 and Takamine EAN20C.

It's available on all the usual streaming/download sites, which are all on the following linktree link:

www.jinder.live/AlmanacLinks

CDs will follow in a fortnight once they are delivered. I'd love to know your thoughts if you have a chance to listen ☺️

Jinder 

Jinder, Well, I had a nice PM written out with some notes that I have not idea if you'd want private or public. (Well, scratch that. I'll put my big boy pants on.)

I felt more and more invited(or connected?) as the album went along. I'd say from "Agony (Night Comes In)" and on, but not excluding "God's Hobby". I know the work put into the first two songs must have been larger and goes to show off a lot of obvious talent, but I felt it hid the best of what you had to offer. It's kind of like passing on the Rib-eye because the Porterhouse was extra good.  

Some perspective.  I've not listened to your entire catalogue, but my favorite performance of yours from what I have heard was the example you posted in an SJ-200 thread a couple months back. I pasted it below. The song was your contribution to a large collaboration, and looked like it was shot in someones flat. Your raw talent was showcased very well in that clip. I mean, it had to. That same sort of artist/listener connection was a vibe I got from most of this album. As you know, that is not an easy thing to do in the studio. I thought you pulled it off very well and that it is a very nice album.

Just to be clear, none of it was bad. Imagine someone telling 10cc that they used too many "aaaahhhhhs" in their production of "I'm Not in Love"? That's not at all what I'm trying to say. 🙂

On 6/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, Jinder said:

I fingerpick the heck out of my SJ200. If you head over to 28:00 on the below video, you can hear the way mine sounds played fingerstyle. This is all (vocals included) into one SE Electronics Gemini II condenser.

Edited by PatriotsBiker
  • Like 1

Jinder, the albums sounds wonderful. Your voice is super as always, and I like the air in the production. I have only listened through it twice so far, but Settle Down and Shawcross are my favorites so far. For some reason, and a I can't really put my finger on why, the music reminds me, in a very good way, of Ian McCulloch's (of Echo & the Bunnymen) solo stuff. Congratulations on yet another super album. Glad also to hear of your recovery.

I would very much like to buy a CD when available.

On a related side note, I think these rough times we are suffering through right now has and will lead to some great and important art being created.

Lars

Edited by Lars68
  • Like 1

Jinder-

My wife and I just put the LP on in my SUV to listen.  Great lyrics and music and instrumentation to support it.   If forced to give favs, it  would be God’s Hobby and Trust, Josephine, but choosing favs  takes away from the overall musical creation.  More appropriately,  I/we enjoyed your musical journey!

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff 

• Like 1

Thankyou so much for listening, all! I really appreciate the feedback and kind words. 

The Covid lockdown situation really gave myself and producer Pete time to focus on this record, but not so long that it became overthought. I think it's my favourite of what I've released so far, but I would say that, because it's new!!

Anyway, your thoughts are always very much appreciated... thankyou 🙂