Gibson Brands Forums

"An Expensive A Minor" - track on my Dove....

BluesKing777

No guesses of the middle?

OK, here is the middle bit on its own - my fingerpicked version of "Under The Milky Way" by Steve Kilby.

Played on my Lowden 022, not the Dove! (I should have tightened the capo!) So it is probably another "Expensive A Minor Chord" - what a friend says when people buy expensive guitars and can't really play them!).

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

I haven't heard that song in years, maybe over a decade. Your bringing back the 80's . A decade of music which many did not get out alive. I think of all the terrible bands that got popular due to  MTV that should not be cause they had the LOOK. Boys looked like girls and girls looked like boys, wait that's today too.   It was a time when mostly the synth was the flavor of the day.

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I haven't heard that song in years, maybe over a decade. Your bringing back the 80's . A decade of music which many did not get out alive. I think of all the terrible bands that got popular due to  MTV that should not be cause they had the LOOK. Boys looked like girls and girls looked like boys, wait that's today too.   It was a time when mostly the synth was the flavor of the day.

I think you might be accusing me of being deep when I am sadly quite shallow and had the tune in a Guitar TAB......played around with the melody and the chords to try and get the guitar to sing it....

BluesKing777.

4 minutes ago, BluesKing777 said:

I think you might be accusing me of being deep when I am sadly quite shallow and had the tune in a Guitar TAB......played around with the melody and the chords to try and get the guitar to sing it....

BluesKing777.

Not Shallow like Lady Ga Ga and that actor guy, had enough of that drivel. Mad World is damn cool without all the synths.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

No news there, Sarge.... I played electric guitar in a blues rock band through that whole era.

But if you are trying to turn my thread about some pure acoustic playing into one of those endless arguments about show biz vs music, well, I ain't biting.

Just a guitarist posting tracks. Thanks.

BluesKing777.

13 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

No news there, Sarge.... I played electric guitar in a blues rock band through that whole era.

But if you are trying to turn my thread about some pure acoustic playing into one of those endless arguments about show biz vs music, well, I ain't biting.

Just a guitarist posting tracks. Thanks.

BluesKing777.

I'm not trying to argue with you, and don't know where you got that in your head.

You said you were shallow and I made a joke not aimed at you. Does any one in the acoustic room have a sense of humor?

"I think you might be accusing me of being deep when I am sadly quite shallow" Your words not mine.

No joke - in the virus world guitar repairs are being done very different here....short story for ya....

A couple of months back while we were in Stage 3 restrictions here, my luthier/guitar tech was operating semi-normally, if that is possible...and I ordered the "K&K Trinity Upgrade Kit" for my custom made 00 deep body he built me 4 or 5 years back.

It didn't get delivered to him until this Monday and now we are in severe Stage 4 restrictions with full 8pm curfew, and I am not allowed to go to his workshop. I asked about a courier to pick up my guitar and then return it when the pickup is installed. (if the luthier orders the courier, he gets the commercial couriers instead of the mum and pop old smoky Toyota!). But the commercial couriers are flat chat because of the online buying with possible 10 day wait.

The luthier is working from his home workshop (allowed) but if we break the virus rules by driving there, get caught by the cops and it is a $1650 fine! Both ways! OK, a big wait coming up then...

But no, they are selling more guitars online at the moment and they all need the luthier to stop them hurting, so the luthier has organised a little guitar pickup service! The driver turned up in a modern jeep to get my guitar, in his virus mask and gloves, with 10 or 11 guitars in cases in the back and my custom in a Hiscox went fairly unceremoniously on top of the pile! I suppose if it gets broken, the luthier can make me another!

BluesKing777.