Gibson Brands Forums

Are They For Real

Sgt. Pepper

23 minutes ago, rct said:

I offered $17,999.00 for that schwanky case.  Free shipping of course.

rct

Did they bite? That is a steal at 17.9! I hope you also get the picks taped to the lower bout. $3 worth of picks  and they are probably charging $600 for. 

It comes with a vinyl copy of VHII. I still have my original I bought when it came out (also my fav VH album), so I'm good. I'll let you guys fight over this bargain. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, jdgm said:

But.....didn't EVH assemble his original guitars himself as cheaply as he could?  Wasn't that the whole point?

#-o

Like quite a few of his time and his neighborhood, including a famous maker, discarded bodies and necks, dumpster diving parties.  It's why you need an International Security Clearance to get near a Fender dumpster to this day.

rct

9 minutes ago, rct said:

Like quite a few of his time and his neighborhood, including a famous maker, discarded bodies and necks, dumpster diving parties.  It's why you need an International Security Clearance to get near a Fender dumpster to this day.

rct

My dad used to have a business right next to the Ric factory and always fantasized about meeting George Harrison or pulling a 360 out of the dumpster

34 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

My dad used to have a business right next to the Ric factory and always fantasized about meeting George Harrison or pulling a 360 out of the dumpster

They just get Pete Townshend to come once a month an smash all the rejects.

They are actually walled in, an inside part of the building complex.  Not much else around there that I remember, but that was 7 years ago.  Other industrial stuff I guess.

I did ask if I could go through their trash.  They didn't even laugh.

rct