Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Sgt. Pepper

Are They For Real

Recommended Posts

Hmmm, a good example of "no reason to have a tone control with a hot humbucker". Its a lot of money for a Replica...

IMG_4399_grande.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earthy, vintage PAF tones, I'll bet.

Asparagus Rex would rather have the 19k. Or 1k.

Edited by Pinch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see romping through some Halen toons third set or so using that thing.  It would be fun.  For $1900.00 I'd be all over it.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I offered $17,999.00 for that schwanky case.  Free shipping of course.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rct said:

I offered $17,999.00 for that schwanky case.  Free shipping of course.

rct

Did they bite? That is a steal at 17.9! I hope you also get the picks taped to the lower bout. $3 worth of picks  and they are probably charging $600 for. 

It comes with a vinyl copy of VHII. I still have my original I bought when it came out (also my fav VH album), so I'm good. I'll let you guys fight over this bargain. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Dude, you get the guitar picks, too!!!

I'm in. Now what amp, gotta be big and over priced to.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm in. Now what amp, gotta be big and over priced to.

I thought the amp was built into the Case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But.....didn't EVH assemble his original guitars himself as cheaply as he could?  Wasn't that the whole point?

#-o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdgm said:

But.....didn't EVH assemble his original guitars himself as cheaply as he could?  Wasn't that the whole point?

#-o

 

Like quite a few of his time and his neighborhood, including a famous maker, discarded bodies and necks, dumpster diving parties.  It's why you need an International Security Clearance to get near a Fender dumpster to this day.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rct said:

 

Like quite a few of his time and his neighborhood, including a famous maker, discarded bodies and necks, dumpster diving parties.  It's why you need an International Security Clearance to get near a Fender dumpster to this day.

rct

My dad used to have a business right next to the Ric factory and always fantasized about meeting George Harrison or pulling a 360 out of the dumpster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dub-T-123 said:

My dad used to have a business right next to the Ric factory and always fantasized about meeting George Harrison or pulling a 360 out of the dumpster

They just get Pete Townshend to come once a month an smash all the rejects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 10:05 AM, Dub-T-123 said:

My dad used to have a business right next to the Ric factory and always fantasized about meeting George Harrison or pulling a 360 out of the dumpster

I bet if you check the dumpsters near the Fender factory, you might find Keith Richards. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are actually walled in, an inside part of the building complex.  Not much else around there that I remember, but that was 7 years ago.  Other industrial stuff I guess.

I did ask if I could go through their trash.  They didn't even laugh.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...