Gibson Brands Forums

Retired is on vacation from the forum

ksdaddy

Forum user Retired contacted me a couple days ago and asked that his account be removed. He wants to spend time doing other things. He wanted me to pass along the sentiment that he wishes everyone well, and has made many friendships while he was a member here. I don't have the power to delete anyone's account, so I gave him 30 days "off".... it looks like a ban, but that's not it's intent. He can come back after 30 days and pick up where he left off, if that is his choice, and he can also contact me at any time and I will lift the ban.

Just wanted you guys to know.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 6:54 AM, ksdaddy said:

Forum user Retired contacted me a couple days ago and asked that his account be removed. He wants to spend time doing other things. He wanted me to pass along the sentiment that he wishes everyone well, and has made many friendships while he was a member here. I don't have the power to delete anyone's account, so I gave him 30 days "off".... it looks like a ban, but that's not it's intent. He can come back after 30 days and pick up where he left off, if that is his choice, and he can also contact me at any time and I will lift the ban.

Just wanted you guys to know.

Thanks for sharing this Ksdaddy,  Retire has been around for a long time,  hopefully he will drop in and say howdy,  

I wish him health and happiness,  Keep on pickin Retire.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, you all know I came back the other day. Today I was scrolling down to see what was all here and accidentally found this thread. Yeah, I asked Ksdaddy to post I was leaving and really wasn't expecting to come back due to my vision problems. Now I kind of wish I hadn't scrolled down and found this as after reading your very kind words I have tears in my eyes. What a bunch of great guys you all are. The time I was off, I learned a bunch of new songs which is good. Come Together is the one I'm on now and can't get it out of my head. Anyway, I laid in bed at nights wondering what was going on here and wondering if anyone was ticked off with me for leaving?  As you know now I was getting blurry and a bit lightheaded and couldn't make anything out on the screen. Debbie was telling me she got like that in school staring at the screen all day. So I got off Facebook for good and thought I would leave here to  and see if it helped. Anyway, I'll try and check in much more and comment where I can.  Actually I always had a goal in my mind, I wanted 10,000 posts in. Why? I have no idea, Its just stuck in my head. Thanks everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, 01GT eibach said:

This is my first time back since Feb or March.  I came to find that the time I spend here is better spent with a Les Paul in my hands instead of a keyboard.  I am just going to pop in every now and again to see what is up ... 

Glad you are still here, and participating.  I think we all agree we'd rather be playin'  than spending time on "Social Media".  Even if in the "Light" version of a guitar forum.