Gibson Brands Forums

Retired is on vacation from the forum

ksdaddy

On 9/10/2020 at 8:46 PM, Digger said:

I’m glad  to see you back my good friend!

Take it slow and only post when you feel OK to do so, don’t let it drive you.

Even though we talk every day it’s still good to see you join in here on  these pages.

Thanks Rob. I'm ok. 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, OrdinaryNimda said:

Retired from Retirement? Welcome back! 

Actually, the day when I left the Railroad I was jumping in my seat, singing and praising God all the way home from Lincoln to Omaha. Yeah, you could say I was very excited, Haha. Then the paint jobs started piling up, painting peoples homes. After doing my sons home the very last one, I painted the exterior and every room in the house upstairs and down. Then someone else wanted me to do theirs. So I told Debbie, "Thats It, I'm retied from painting now too." 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Welcome back Retired, I'm not on here enough to see any of your post, but if you're this liked you must be a good guy. Good luck with your vision issues. BTW....I think you get a free toaster after 10k posts 😀

They can keep the toaster, Lol. I'd settle for a Gibson! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

They can keep the toaster, Lol. I'd settle for a Gibson! 

Good thing Henry J. isn't still in charge, that toaster would come in a Tasteful Burst finish for your lifestyle breakfast.

Now THAT would make for one iconic English Muffin!

Deb just bought a new toaster for her new kitchen but a taster shaped into the Henry J car would be cool. I love those old cars. I'll tell you a story.  Way back when I lived at home still in my 20's I bought a 49 Dodge Coupe convertible just for the 392 Hemi motor. I got a super cheap deal on it. I left it in the street by the driveway. My sister had a 66 or 67 mustang fastback. We were headed somewhere and when she started it, every time she pulled the floor shifter back to drive, it died out. After 3 or 4 times of doing that, she reved the engine high and slammed the shifter from park to drive. Haha, I knew what was going to happen but it was too late to say anything. The shifter locked in reverse and backwards we went into the 49 Dodge Coupe. Must have moved my Coupe backwards about a foot or so. So I get out to check the damage she did and all it did to my Dodge was polish the dirt off the chrome bumper. Not even a scratch.  While her Pony, was totaled. Lol I started to laugh when I saw the damage she did to her car. It pushed the rear end into her back widow busting the glass out and her rear end was like a Gibson Flying V.  The frame was bent out of shape. Yeah, Old cars are built Tough. They put some steel in them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retired said:

Deb just bought a new toaster for her new kitchen but a taster shaped into the Henry J car would be cool. I love those old cars. I'll tell you a story.  Way back when I lived at home still in my 20's I bought a 49 Dodge Coupe convertible just for the 392 Hemi motor. I got a super cheap deal on it. I left it in the street by the driveway. My sister had a 66 or 67 mustang fastback. We were headed somewhere and when she started it, every time she pulled the floor shifter back to drive, it died out. After 3 or 4 times of doing that, she reved the engine high and slammed the shifter from park to drive. Haha, I knew what was going to happen but it was too late to say anything. The shifter locked in reverse and backwards we went into the 49 Dodge Coupe. Must have moved my Coupe backwards about a foot or so. So I get out to check the damage she did and all it did to my Dodge was polish the dirt off the chrome bumper. Not even a scratch.  While her Pony, was totaled. Lol I started to laugh when I saw the damage she did to her car. It pushed the rear end into her back widow busting the glass out and her rear end was like a Gibson Flying V.  The frame was bent out of shape. Yeah, Old cars are built Tough. They put some steel in them. 

Lol! 

1 hour ago, Retired said:

That reminds me of the accident in my Dad's car when I was a kid. He had bought an old German Opel Kapitan. A mid to late 50's model possibly. He stripped it down and rebuilt it (he was a mechanic). He also resprayed it with a custom paint job. When it was complete, he took us out for a spin down to Southsea sea front. We were stopped in traffic at one point, when we were shunted violently from behind. The car behind must have got distracted and not noticed the flow had stopped. He struck us pretty hard. It hurt!

We got out to see the damage. It was just like your description! I think the other car may have been a Ford Anglia. But it was a wreck. The whole front was stoved in. The bumper had been pushed back into the radiator and it was spraying boiling water all over the road. Our Opel had some scratching on the chrome bumper (fender). The thing was built like a tank. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

That reminds me of the accident in my Dad's car when I was a kid. He had bought an old German Opel Kapitan. A mid to late 50's model possibly. He stripped it down and rebuilt it (he was a mechanic). He also resprayed it with a custom paint job. When it was complete, he took us out for a spin down to Southsea sea front. We were stopped in traffic at one point, when we were shunted violently from behind. The car behind must have got distracted and not noticed the flow had stopped. He struck us pretty hard. It hurt!

We got out to see the damage. It was just like your description! I think the other car may have been a Ford Anglia. But it was a wreck. The whole front was stoved in. The bumper had been pushed back into the radiator and it was spraying boiling water all over the road. Our Opel had some scratching on the chrome bumper (fender). The thing was built like a tank. 

Oh yeah, Those are built great. I'd love to build an old car like that today.  Probably would need a good welder.  Deb keeps pushing me to buy another car but my 14 year old Saturn Vue has nothing wrong with it. 

• Like 1