Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Gibson model tone knob

chuntis

Hello there,

I recently purchased a 2020 Les Paul Slash Model and I noticed that the height of one of the tone knobs is slightly higher than the other knobs.  The higher tone knob works fine.  It would  be nice if they were all the same height.   I was just wondering if this would be an easy fix to lower it and if it would be covered under warranty since I purchased the guitar just over a month ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached some pics showing the higher knob.

Cheers.  

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

I dug my old Melody Maker out of it's case as it has what look like more or less the same knobs, and looked closely and ....hey, one knob is slightly higher of the deck than the other! ...So maybe it's a sign that they are taking the concept of 'historically accurate' to a new level. [wink]

34 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Maybe it's Slash's preference.

Or maybe not.

He played a fake LP, he probably likes fake knobs too. Gibson just throws him cash and knows he made them boat loads of money for playing a fake. And then made a sig model of a fake. Makes me laugh.

53 minutes ago, Pinch said:

To be fair (Asparagus Rex is the most fair of all dinosaurs), that was just for a while. There were plenty of Gibsons on "Illusion" and onward.

How many albums after Illusion are there with Slash. The one with the woosy ballad Patience and a junk covers album that 4 people bought.

A Triceratops is a bad mother, and the Pterodactyl could fly. None of us were there so we have to take smart dinosaur scientist word on that.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He played a fake LP, he probably likes fake knobs too. Gibson just throws him cash and knows he made them boat loads of money for playing a fake. And then made a sig model of a fake. Makes me laugh.

I didn't know that! Never been a fan. That's hilarious!!

1 hour ago, Leadfoot said:

I didn't know that! Never been a fan. That's hilarious!!

The AFD Les Paul was made by Kris Derrig. He passed away a while back. Look it up it's all over net and well known for ages.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

To answer a few of the users' questions:

1.   I tried pushing the knob down but it will not push down any further.

2.  The knobs are not push/pull knobs.

3.  Not sure if I'm confident enough to adjust the height by going through the control cavity but I appreciate the info.

It looks like lowering the tone knob might entail a bit more work than I feel comfortable doing on my own.   I'm not that OCD about the tone knob being slightly higher, so I'll leave it as is.  Who knows, maybe it is "historically accurate"?

Thanks once again for everyone's input.