Gibson Brands Forums

Unknown SG

Mateus Brito

Hi! I traded an epiphone les paul, marshall amp and a delay pedal on a gibson SG, the problem is I don't know wich exactely is my guitar model ( I look dumb trading a guitar that I don't know the model but still a good deal). What puzzles me is that the input jack is in the side and the pickup selector key is on the right of the knobs. It has g force tuners, the bridge have some kind of hardware at the bottom, the input jack is a neutrik locking input, and locking straps. I tried contact gibson with 4 different e-mail (sometimes the asked some photos and never hitted me back or didn't answered my e-mails), I also tried the send some messages. I am starting to think I got a "chibson." Thanks, Mateus. (019880332 is the code number, I will try to send some pictures)

20200819_115955.jpg

20200819_115938.jpg

20200819_115918.jpg

20200819_115929.jpg

20200819_115910.jpg

20200819_115929.jpg

To me.. It's an odd one

that serial number would indicate it's 2008.

from Guitar Dater:

Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
on July 16th, 2008
Production Number: 32

if that's the case, maybe it's been modified a bit,  where some one added tronical auto tuners which I don't think were around in 2008.

really no clue what the idea behind that jack is.  it's not in the traditional place either, what is under that plate in the back ?  Pickup voicing switches?

may want to check with Customer service, see what ya really got there if no one seems to know

Edited by kidblast

41 minutes ago, Mateus Brito said:

the more I disassemble this guitar the stranger it gets.  the tail piece is from epiphone

take off the truss rod cover and make sure at least that you need a 5/16 socket to adjust the truss rod.  That will at least give you enough to know that it is started life as USA Made SG..

Edited by kidblast