Gibson Brands Forums

New Tom Petty Track

northcntryblues

I think we will start seeing more and more stuff released by the Petty Estate.  If you never got to see Petty live though you will never know what you missed.  The last time we got to see Petty was in 2010.  The Drive By Truckers opened up.  

Somebody though needs to re-release "Wildflowers" on vinyl.  Original pressings sell for a scary high amount.  Even the 1st re-release and those culled from the LP box set go for big bucks.

8 hours ago, Paul14 said:

How is that just getting released? I love that.

It is coming out on vinyl and CD in early October. Look on Amazon. The vinyl is $180 and the CD's, I think $50 or $60.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, PatriotsBiker said:

His Hidden Treasures radio show on Sirius/XM was outstanding.

I still listen to that. It a little strange, hearing him talk. It’s very good though. I have a few channels I like on there, & that’s one of them.

10 minutes ago, Paul14 said:

A little steep for me, but maybe a search on Spotify?

Yeah. I think it's 54 or so unreleased tracks. Demo's, Unreleased Songs, Alt Takes and Live Stuff. I've never been a fan of his. He has about half a dozen songs I can listen to. I own Damn The Torpedoes. That's enough for me.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

57 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Rabs - Been aware of this version and immediately wondered which guitars we hear. Doesn't sound like the Dove, does it. . 

The original 'Wildflowers' packaging had a great picture of Tom  il_fullxfull.1187009329_m7it_grande.jpg? with a Martin D-40 something or other.  Perhaps that was his main acoustic for that LP.

The 'Wildflowers and All The Rest' vinyl cd/reissue coming out this fall has a couple of options.  I think I saw there was a 9 LP edition, and a 3 LP edition. 

Edited by northcntryblues

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It is coming out on vinyl and CD in early October. Look on Amazon. The vinyl is $180 and the CD's, I think $50 or $60.

I read an article on it the other day. They're going to offer a slew of packages: mulit-vinyl, multi-cds, multi vinyl and cds with corresponding prices. I always really like that album. There has always been talk that it was an incomplete collection and he wanted to put out a larger package all along...

7 hours ago, northcntryblues said:

The original 'Wildflowers' packaging had a great picture of Tom  with a Martin D-40 something or other.  Perhaps that was his main acoustic for that LP.

Thanx ^ you could be right. I now recall he actually got a Mart. dread signature model many years ago. Could have around this stage. 

It was an HD-40 and the same but a 12 string model. Maybe called a HD-40TP and a HD12-40TP. So it should have scalloped bracing, herringbone binding on top probably, bound neck, some sort of fancy inlays on the board and I'm sure a cool strip inlay thing down the back whatever that is technically called. Of course RW back and sides and and some sort of Spruce top. And maybe it says in big letters on the head CF Martin. It should have what I call the pyramid, but I guess it's a volute.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It was an HD-40 and the same but a 12 string model. Maybe called a HD-40TP and a HD12-40TP. So it should have scalloped bracing, herringbone binding on top probably, bound neck, some sort of fancy inlays on the board and I'm sure a cool strip inlay thing down the back whatever that is technically called. Of course RW back and sides and and some sort of Spruce top. And maybe it says in big letters on the head CF Martin. It should have what I call the pyramid, but I guess it's a volute.

It also came as a 6 - with the same moon-story on the f-board and one of those beauty-thistles on the head. 

4 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

It also came as a 6 - with the same moon-story on the f-board and one of those beauty-thistles on the head. 

Yep there were 2. The HD-40 (6) and the HD12-40 (12).

Edited by Sgt. Pepper