Gibson Brands Forums

Justin Townes Earle Passed Away

Sgt. Pepper

Justin Townes Earle passed away. He was the son of Steve Earle. I saw him a few years back in a place called the Naro Theater which is used mostly as a Movie Theater. I met him that day and got his autograph.  I knocked on the door of the trailer out behind the Naro he was chilling in, and he came to the door and it was obvious they were smoking weed. The show was great it was just him and his guitar. His album Harlem River Blues is really good. He was 38.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I got that album a few years back.  Unique. One of my favorites.   Only the young die good. Likely OD. 

As soon as my wife told me he died I immediately thought drugs. He talked openly about his drug use during the show. He has about 6 or 7 more.  I've only heard about 3 of them. I have a few I downloaded. I think I'll listen to some this week.

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

I got that album a few years back.  Unique. One of my favorites.   Only the young die good. Likely OD. 

speculation like your dosnt belong in an rip topic, sarge too.  RESPECT  THE FAMILY.

27 minutes ago, jvi said:

speculation like your dosnt belong in an rip topic, sarge too.  RESPECT  THE FAMILY.

I just love our little talks and your stalker-dom.  If you don't like the company here why do you keep coming back?  Is it a sadist or masochist that likes abuse, which ever one that  is, that is the one you are. Oh by the way not banned yet, sorry. But like I said I'm trying real hard.

Why don't you go to another guitar forum and tell them what they can post or how about you become a moderator and you can be your own little Gestapo and rule with an Iron Fist and give banishment at will. Until then shut up about what others post. Doesn't Godin or Seagull have a forum you can bother people at?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Not speculation.  Nashville Police reports. 

Yes I just looked it up. Sad.

Justin Townes Earle, the award-winning Americana singer-songwriter, died from a probable drug overdose, Metro Nashville police confirmed. Earle, 38, died over the weekend, and his death was confirmed Monday by New West Record label.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

17 minutes ago, jvi said:

sadly there is a negative stigma related to drug problems, I feel a memorial dosnt need to give  amo for those who blame the addict- Im am NOT  saying anyone here has done so

All we passed was info and you need to be on people's a-sses being a social justice warrior. 

40 minutes ago, rct said:

Do you two need to get a room, or have you already gotten a room and it didn't go well?  Not sure.

rct

I'm tired if that nut always on mostly my arse telling me what he believes is appropriate to post.  I am pretty sure we got mods for that. Every damn post I make he's on my sphinctor being a SJW. And telling others they stick up for me. I can type my own words and stick up for myself. I'm a big boy. Telling me I'm mean. Like I guess it's new info to you guys. He pops in, polices the forum and goes and hides for a few days then comes back and does it again. It's old.

And I'm into women. Not Canuck hippies.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Do you guys know each other?  It seems very specific to you two.  I've known you a long time now and I don't spar with you like that.  You don't even own an electric guitar, it's like pickin on the little kid.

rct

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, rct said:

Do you guys know each other?  It seems very specific to you two.  I've known you a long time now and I don't spar with you like that.  You don't even own an electric guitar, it's like pickin on the little kid.

rct

No he lives in Canada, that is all I know about him. And I think he's in his 60's or older. I'm in VA. For some reason once he got on here he got a hard on for me and started telling me I'm  mean. I think what started it was he took offence to me not enjoying Ringo's singing voice, which I don't, respect him as a drummer cause that's what he is. Now he's on my a-ss every post. So I go the extra inch just to annoy him, cause I'm mean.

Yeah I've only got my guitars with one big hole in them. I do have an electric bass.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, rct said:

Well, you have particularly schwanky guitars with the one big hole.  And nothing beats a Jazz.

rct

Yeah the D-41 is pretty tough to beat. Although it's been called gaudy. I love my 000-28. Wish I had my D-35 back.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper