Gibson Brands Forums

J200 Montana Gold (Rosewood)

MissouriPicker

22 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

I think he’s a true Gibson fan.....lol.....And yeah, we are so spoiled that we ***** and moan about little things.

Did I mention I ordered my new Historic 1957 SJ-200 on Feb 6th ( my mother died 4 days later)  after surviving the bushfires here and it's not expected to be delivered until late September/early October?

Mine arrived this afternoon.  I let it sit in it’s case for about three hours before opening it up to the air-conditioning.  Been playing it all evening.  .   Really cool workmanship.  Real easy  and smooth player.  Has more overtones than I was expecting.   Fits nicely with my style.  I’m sure I’ll be using this guitar a lot.  I’ll get some pics tomorrow and try to get a video by the weekend.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Mine arrived this afternoon.  I let it sit in it’s case for about three hours before opening it up to the air-conditioning.  Been playing it all evening.  .   Really cool workmanship.  Real easy  and smooth player.  Has more overtones than I was expecting.   Fits nicely with my style.  I’m sure I’ll be using this guitar a lot.  I’ll get some pics tomorrow and try to get a video by the weekend.

Woo Hoo! Gotta love it. Congrats! I like the rosewood overtones on my SJ-200. I would kick, whine and fuss if forced to choose between the RW and the classic Maple configuration as my only SJ-200 keeper.

I'm looking forward to your pics and video.

Congrats, MP ...    I can smell it from here !   Living The Dream now  -  be sure to pace yourself.  Funny how folks think ( I did) that the big SJ200s will BOOM compared to the  smaller models.  I've found the exact opposite to be true.  Nothing like a well-rounded, balanced, stable ... 'stable'.   So, NOW which one would you grab in a fire?