Gibson Brands Forums

While we wait...

SteveFord

I took a chance with Guitar Center and had a Les Paul Standard shipped out from Missouri and you know, they done dooed me right.

The case has a smash down to the bone so now I know what the construction looks like.

The guitar, though, ohh la la sez me.  I've wanted a gold top since I was 19 and I've never had a Standard nor have I ever had a carved top Les Paul with P90s so this really scratches a lot of itches.

Here she be, it still has that new guitar feel to it.  Either it was a display model or somebody had it for 20 minutes and hated it and returned it.

I don't know how the wife would up in this post as well but she hasn't changed very much.

WcMClaV.jpg

snIXouB.jpg

agQUMo3.jpg

Edited by SteveFord
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

...for that black Les Paul Classic to show up (or not), my wife has on me to do a few things around the house.

WcMClaV.jpg

Being of sound mind and body, I did what any sensible man would do, I ordered a box with a guitar in it.

You are my hero.

Son of a gun, I just dug in the case and this guitar is brand new!  It was sold as Used, Excellent.

No wonder it looks like new.  Just did the Warranty stuff online and now it's official.  

I think the last new guitar I purchased was a black Lucille DeLuxe  back in 1981 or thereabouts when BB King was on the cover of Guitar Player and it was supposed to be a very limited edition.  

Limited to all they could sell over the next 4 decades, I suppose.

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

I took a chance with Guitar Center and had a Les Paul Standard shipped out from Missouri and you know, they done dooed me right.

The case has a smash down to the bone so now I know what the construction looks like.

The guitar, though, ohh la la sez me.  I've wanted a gold top since I was 19 and I've never had a Standard nor have I ever had a carved top Les Paul with P90s so this really scratches a lot of itches.

Here she be, it still has that new guitar feel to it.  Either it was a display model or somebody had it for 20 minutes and hated it and returned it.

I don't know how the wife would up in this post as well but she hasn't changed very much.

WcMClaV.jpg

snIXouB.jpg

agQUMo3.jpg

That is very cool, congrats.

Thanks!

50s style neck but it's not stupidly big, it just feels really good.  

I was really skeptical about the change in management and dismissed their PR stuff as hot air and wishful thinking but it sure looks like they're back to making consistently excellent guitars.  This is a 2019 model if anyone is interested.

Time to play the thing a bit and get a bit more used to it.  It feels like home but not quite there yet.

I know how granny got in there twice, I was going for this pic and somehow snagged the old buzzard.

nLXgugx.jpg