Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

What's bothering ya today?

My arthritis is killing me today,hands,feet and neck.

All the unrest in the country is getting to me mentally 

Spirituality I'm good,amazing what an hour at Mass will do for you.

Feel free to vent a bit, 

Can I just say....  Life in general...

Whole virus thing is crazy.. People are crazy, governments are even worse..  And sadly I think we have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far in terms of the economic effect thats about to hit.

My life feels like an awful sort of groundhog day at the moment. I am having to keep as safe as I can for my mum so I will continue to do so but its getting a bit much to deal with.. One of the issues with living alone I think.. Going through all of the thoughts and feelings that have been brought up over the last six months or so is exhausting or like you say, it is mentally challenging..   We are still trying to sort out stuff from my fathers passing almost two years ago now. It just never seems to end.

Cant even watch the news anymore.. Not just cos of whats going on but with the way things are reported these days.. Its not really news any more.

We are living through some really crazy times. 

• Like 1

I'm okay, in general. 

Got some back pain that hits me like a bolt of lightning, mid-upper spine. 
Crazy. Just came on out of nowhere. 
I have the TENS unit on right now, and relaxing with a cold beer. 

The virus nonsense doesn't bother me much.
I don't watch television, ever, so that's one less medium by which the panic-merchants might try to scare me and drum-up the hysteria. 

🙂

Our Molly Dog died of cancer a week ago and on Sunday I'd always wind up taking a nap on the couch in the living room and the dog would take a nap on her little bed in between the stereo speakers.

I took the nap today and kept waking up looking for Molly Dog.

CCJTX2j.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Sorry about Molly.  Like you, I’ve been there and done that....Get a pup.  Not to replace Molly, but as a tribute to her.

5474471F-0EEB-4BDC-B772-213392D37945.jpeg

Edited by MissouriPicker
  • Like 1

Thank you.  We'll get one but have to give it a little time, I guess.  

That cancer ripped through her just so fast, poor old doggie.

Time to put the tortoises pen back together and put the tortoises inside.  Last night a really big boa constrictor managed to knock down a bank of cages and water and lights everywhere, what a mess.  I don't know why but two snakes are bound and determined to take over lizard cages.  They're just so weird.

It bothers me that I can’t tune into a MLB or NHL game without being subjected to political statements.  First the games are canceled.  Then when they resume, I’m subjected to a pre-game political message.  Like many people, I tune into sporting events to escape all the political BS on TV.  If sporting events are just going to be more of the same, why bother?  What athletes do on their own time is their business.  If they want to protest at city hall, march on their state Capitol or Washington, DC, by all means go for it.  But when it’s game time, they need to suit up, leave the political BS in the locker room and play the freaking game.   I no longer watch any professional sports, other than Australian Football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Our Molly Dog died of cancer a week ago and on Sunday I'd always wind up taking a nap on the couch in the living room and the dog would take a nap on her little bed in between the stereo speakers.

CCJTX2j.jpg

Sorry to hear that man.. Always a sad thing but always better that they are not in pain anymore..  I still miss my kitty Brutus.. He died  like 7 years ago now but I wont ever forget him.

• Like 1

not knowin nuttin bout nuttin anymore....thats buggin me today   

1 hour ago, tx-ogre said:

It bothers me that I can’t tune into a MLB or NHL game without being subjected to political statements.  First the games are canceled.  Then when they resume, I’m subjected to a pre-game political message.  Like many people, I tune into sporting events to escape all the political BS on TV.  If sporting events are just going to be more of the same, why bother?  What athletes do on their own time is their business.  If they want to protest at city hall, march on their state Capitol or Washington, DC, by all means go for it.  But when it’s game time, they need to suit up, leave the political BS in the locker room and play the freaking game.   I no longer watch any professional sports, other than Australian Football.

Actors, Musicians, Athletes ect. I am old enough to make my own decisions, and yes you have a right to say what you want, but you make good money doing what you do, so shut up and put down your instrument, ball, stick, costume, microphone, ect and run for office if you want to run your mouth and tell me I'm bad and who to vote for. I've had enough. Politicians are bad enough. I care less than a squirt of p-iss what a millionaire like Neil Young , Bruce Springsteen, Ellen Degeneres, or Shaquille O'Neil thinks.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

CCJTX2j.jpg

Sorry Steve.  I have 2 dogs and both are like my family. Her suffering is over. I'll bet she liked David Bowie.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

CCJTX2j.jpg

Sorry to hear that, cute dog. While a dog is in a fraction of our lives, we are in their whole life.....

I am sorry for your loss SteveFord.  It never goes away and they never leave our thoughts.  I find myself looking for a cat I love dearly and she is not there.  And I find myself cursing at whatever Gods there are that she isn't here when there is just so much garbage here.  I will hug Ichabod for your Molly.

rct

I wasn't going to say anything, but you asked.....been dealing with Chronic Pancreatitis. my enzymes are so out of whack, they're basically digesting my pancreas. I won't know how much damage was dome until the infection goes away. Feels like a drank a cup of acid, and a buzzing feeling in my lower abdomen. And....the enzymes back flowed into my stomach and ate away part of my stomach liner (Barrett's esophagus)  I've lost about 65 lbs since March, but I look great! I'll be ok though, just a major diet change. No cancer though.

I'm sorry Steve,, Always a heart breaker.  I've lost my share of pups.  This too shall pass.

Ceptorman, I can relate, I've struggled with Barrett's too, I had an ablation done a few years ago, seemed to take care of about 95% of it.

as far as: What's bothering me?  I'm actually not bugged about anything at the moment.   I've really been working on stopping the angst over things I can't change.   (Politics... Oy! what a mess)

We're about to start rebuilding our home form the fire end of March.  Getting past all the hassle with the insurance company and then the bank (another story entirely) was a good milestone for us.  It's been a long 5 months.

I'm really digging the Taylor 814CEDLX that came about a month ago.. what a great axe!

Fall is coming (my favorite time of year), and in about 6 weeks, my wife and I are planning a 2 week vacation  on the coast of Maine,,, despite all the insanity that's been going on we're still going.. we need it.

So, I'm going to just leave this one on a positive note...  (Perhaps an F#?)

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SteveFord said:

CCJTX2j.jpg

Poor guy.  Looks like a sweetheart with his one blue and one brown eye.  Sorry to hear that.

I have a very hard time dealing with Dogs.  We have 4 now.  Spread out age wise. The two older ones are straight up - Eat, Sleep, Eat,  and  Repeat kinds of dogs.  The other 2 are German Shepards. The third is very smart, which makes it easier to become more attached.  The fourth - the youngest at 4 - is smarter than some people.  Every night he follows me door to door when I check to make sure they're locked. Most nights, after we've turned out the lights, he puts his head on the side of the bed to get his ear scratched and say goodnight.  I'm not sure what I'll do when that is gone.    

• Like 1

Yeah, dogs are a pain in the *** but they sure can leave a hole in your heart.

Chin up, you guys, you could always have my wife working at home with you!  

See, things could always be worse.

Guess today I open up a dispute with Reverb over that stolen Les Paul.  I've been pretty patient but I paid for a guitar and got an empty box.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Yeah, dogs are a pain in the *** but they sure can leave a hole in your heart.

Chin up, you guys, you could always have my wife working at home with you!  

See, things could always be worse.

Guess today I open up a dispute with Reverb over that stolen Les Paul.  I've been pretty patient but I paid for a guitar and got an empty box.

Do they have a time you had to wait until you could start the process? Its not like it was misplaced  or lost in shipping. I know with the PO you have to wait 21 days after something shipped to put in a claim if it doesn't't arrive.

I hate political rhetoric, it is so hard to get away from, making the network channels unwatchable. For me trying to figure out which Bozo might have a shred of integrity is impossible, then possibly going for the lesser of evils. If someone pee's in your swimming pool, no matter how much you shock it or filter it, its still got pee in it...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I hate political rhetoric, it is so hard to get away from, making the network channels unwatchable. For me trying to figure out which Bozo might have a shred of integrity is impossible, then possibly going for the lesser of evils. If someone pee's in your swimming pool, no matter how much you shock it or filter it, its still got pee in it...

LOL!!

As an owner of a swimming pool,, I'll never think of this the same way again..

I don't want to get political, but I sure do wish that a country with 300+ million people,  we'd have better options for ALL of our major elections.    been this way for a long time now.

• Like 2

“And Lord, there’s just one more thing that I think you ought to know!  If my old dog ain’t up in heaven, I don’t think I want to go.”

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kidblast said:

I'm sorry Steve,, Always a heart breaker.  I've lost my share of pups.  This too shall pass.

Ceptorman, I can relate, I've struggled with Barrett's too, I had an ablation done a few years ago, seemed to take care of about 95% of it.

Thank you for that info, that's the first positive thing I've heard about this ailment....I'll be fine.

4 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

“And Lord, there’s just one more thing that I think you ought to know!  If my old dog ain’t up in heaven, I don’t think I want to go.”

You sir won the internet today.....awesome saying.