Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

What's bothering ya today?

8 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Thank you for that info, that's the first positive thing I've heard about this ailment....I'll be fine.

Maybe ask your doc about it, you may not be a candidate for it at this time.  It's a pretty easy procedure not a lot of prep or side effects.

16 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

“And Lord, there’s just one more thing that I think you ought to know!  If my old dog ain’t up in heaven, I don’t think I want to go.”

There was a book or essay a few years ago  "All dogs go to heaven."     Maybe that's what makes it 'heaven' ! 

Today the North Dakota wind bothers me, gusts to 50mph,super dry air which puts us in a high fire situation. We can get near hurricane force winds without an ocean here.

arthritis in my neck is killing me. bursitis in my shoulder is flaring up. right knee sounds like someone tearing a chicken wing apart. lower back spasms, feels like an electric shock. hearts been hurting, maybe too much caffeine & stress.  other than that, having a great day. 

2 minutes ago, Karloff said:

arthritis in my neck is killing me. bursitis in my shoulder is flaring up. right knee sounds like someone tearing a chicken wing apart. lower back spasms, feels like an electric shock. hearts been hurting, maybe too much caffeine & stress.  other than that, having a great day. 

Well a neurologist told me,if you don't feel pain at your age,you better pinch yourself to make sure you're not dead.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Well a neurologist told me,if you don't feel pain at your age,you better pinch yourself to make sure you're not dead.

lol. I turned 60 this year.  I've said for a long time a persons amount of aches & pains is in direct relation to how much fun you've had when you were younger. I think I had too much fun. 

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Karloff said:

Yeah, the aches and pains come quicker and stay longer.  I’ve got a partially torn rotator cuff and my doctor told me last year to live with it and it will slowly get A little better or have surgery.  Since I’m not playing many sports anymore, I’ll just live with it.  If I was 23 I’d have the surgery, but hell, I’m 73 and have learned to deal with it.  So long as it doesn’t hinder my guitar playing, I’m good.  I’ve learned over the years not to stress-out over things I really have no control over.  It’s true that in some ways as we get older we get a little smarter and wiser.  Maybe it helps make it easier for us to deal with the annoying aches and pains we’ll all eventually get.

I turned 66 this year and the various aches and pains have got a LOT worse in the last 2 years.   I don't bounce back any more. 

A daily swim helps.  I'm still at the stage of getting annoyed when my leg (or anything else) starts hurting for no good reason that I can see.

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority.  Nothing has bothered me all day.  Not work, not home life, not my flabby old body, nothing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kidblast said:

Maybe ask your doc about it, you may not be a candidate for it at this time.  It's a pretty easy procedure not a lot of prep or side effects.

Thanks again. I really don't know the extent of my condition, was diagnosed 6 weeks ago. Some days I feel ok, but parts of other days can be bothersome. I am finding out how important the diet can be. I've lost 40 lbs, was slightly overweight, now I'm thin.

Failed attempts at marketing. Being a novelist, actually the easiest part is writing a novel. Selling it is the bulk of the work. I have been wasting 4 hours a day on social media for the last two months. It's completely pointless. 😄

Bence.

9 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

If anyone thinks anyone is looking out for you, you're insane is how this should go IMHO.  Literally, no one in this world other than me, myself, and I are looking out for #1. 

Yep. All of the scum in DC can get attacked by zombies for all I care.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, btoth76 said:

Failed attempts at marketing. Being a novelist, actually the easiest part is writing a novel. Selling it is the bulk of the work. I have been wasting 4 hours a day on social media for the last two months. It's completely pointless. 😄

Bence.

Well pity the poor reader too Bence....I ordered a copy of your book only to be told a week later that the intermediary I placed the order with  (large Australian bookstore chain) were unable to get it and my money would be refunded. Just last week I ordered a different book through them also to be sourced from the US and have been told it's on back order and may take months, or I can have my money back. These guys are legit so I don't know whether it's to do with publishers, US wholsalers, international freight or what? Oh well, back to the local library!

What do you write. The last book I read was Discovering Scarfolk. I like weird s-hit. Alice's Adventures In Wonderland And What She Found There is my fav. Dig Burroughs too.

1 hour ago, 'Scales said:

Well pity the poor reader too Bence....I ordered a copy of your book only to be told a week later that the intermediary I placed the order with  (large Australian bookstore chain) were unable to get it and my money would be refunded. Just last week I ordered a different book through them also to be sourced from the US and have been told it's on back order and may take months, or I can have my money back. These guys are legit so I don't know whether it's to do with publishers, US wholsalers, international freight or what? Oh well, back to the local library!

Thanks Scales for informing about the issue. It's very annoying, and I have no clue why is it. US and European readers did not report such thing, so perhaps it has something to do with the Australian distribution. 😞

Cheers... Bence.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What do you write. The last book I read was Discovering Scarfolk. I like weird s-hit. Alice's Adventures In Wonderland And What She Found There is my fav. Dig Burroughs too.

Me, Sgt? I write sci-fi dystopia and horror.

Bence.

Well, I hack, cough, sneeze, hurt and am getting tested for COVID next week.

I almost feel hip and "with it".

Edited by Pinch

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

Well, I hack, cough, sneeze, hurt and am getting tested for COVID next week.

I almost feel hip and "with it".

best of luck and be well...

1 hour ago, jvi said:

best of luck and be well...

Thanks. I'm not the least worried for myself, but I have elderly parents and am among people in risk groups.

I totaled my 2010 Impala last March, one of my dogs died 3 days later, and my mother died 2 weeks later. March sucked. 2020 has sucked. 

I bought a 2016 Impala Limited (old style), 32,000 miles, excellent shape, to replace the 2010.  Not the same animal at all. It has had a sluggishness about it that has driven me to the point of leaving it running in Walmart’s parking lot. It throws a code for a small EVAP leak. I have put premium gas in it, non ethanol, unhooked the battery so it would re-learn to some degree. Nothing helps. I sincerely think I will trade it in tomorrow. A newer style Impala is the closest I can come to a pimpmobile. There’s a black 2017 Cadillac available locally but it’s a few thousand more than I feel like spending. 

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

I bought a 2016 Impala Limited (old style), 32,000 miles, excellent shape, to replace the 2010.  Not the same animal at all. It has had a sluggishness about it that has driven me to the point of leaving it running in Walmart’s parking lot.

Love my 2017 Impala.  Had the same issue with it feeling sluggish in the beginning.  I noticed it was worst when the weather was bad.  Try this:

There is a button in the middle console by the cupholders for traction control. (With the car in Park) if you press it once, it turns off traction control.  Press it again and it turns back on.  BUT if you press once and then quickly press again and hold the button down, it will turn off traction control AND stability control.  

Try doing that on a sunny day and go for a drive. Then see if it feels better afterward (even with traction and stability turned back on).   It just seemed like the computer that controls those functions was a little confused and turning them off and going for a drive is like a reset.  At least that was my experience.   

IMG-20190627-101614-2.jpg

I don’t know if this one even HAS that button. I’ll have to look. My Corvette had a button on the dash to turn the traction control off but it was obvious. 

I had a 2014 Impala and it had issues with the infotainment system where my Android phone would lock it up somehow randomly to the point where I had to do a battery disconnect for it to even turn off. Literally it froze up and wouldn’t turn off for hours... another thing is no AWD and in MI, you probably want a vehicle with this in the winter. This car sucked in the winter on those heavy snow days. 
Now I am glad I have replaced that with a nice 2014 Chrysler 300S. Anything but sluggish. It’s no race car, but it is better than my Impala. YMMV, literally 😂