Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

What's bothering ya today?

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I had a 2014 Impala and it had issues with the infotainment system where my Android phone would lock it up somehow randomly to the point where I had to do a battery disconnect for it to even turn off.  YMMV, literally 😂

That's another problem I had in the beginning.  After some experimentation, I figured it out.  It was a used car and there were several phones already paired via BlueTooth to my car.  I deleted those phones and viola!  No more lockups.   The Android app was a little flaky after that but then there was an update and now all works as intended.  The 300S is a cool car too. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

That's another problem I had in the beginning.  After some experimentation, I figured it out.  It was a used car and there were several phones already paired via BlueTooth to my car.  I deleted those phones and viola!  No more lockups.   The Android app was a little flaky after that but then there was an update and now all works as intended.  The 300S is a cool car too. 👍

Glad to know it wasn’t just my car with the Bluetooth stuff. IDK, just sort of been turned off to GM stuff after this and having worked for them for years... I don’t particularly hate them, but just won’t buy any of their cars. If I buy American I buy FCA - however American they really are today. Either way really wanting a new RAM but not eager to sign up for another bill during these times. 

The nice thing about the 300S is the AWD and 8-speed trans. Has paddle shifters and a sport mode if you want better responsiveness and make the engine rev higher. It’s slightly smaller than the Impala, cuz that sedan is pretty big for today’s standards, but it’s nowhere near compact. I personally love it though and about to top 100k pretty soon. No major issues whatsoever thus far so a good buy as far as I’m concerned. 
If I didn’t have kids, I’d be riding in a Challenger and have my new RAM already haha! I’ve had 2 RAMs and had to turn in my last one for... wait for it... Pacifica. Now it’s peppy and great for the fam, but it’s not my truck... and doesn’t feel like my HEMI! Yeah I’d get 15mpg in the winter, but it felt good to let that bad boy move me around town. Now getting boards and Sheetrock boards is a PITA with the van... damn I miss my truck...

Edited by NighthawkChris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last 2 vehicles were RAMs. Loved them, but after 15 years driving a sports cab p/u - I pined for a big old sedan.  Stumbled on Ford Taurus SHO: what they call a  'sleeper'  I guess - it has 365hp, dual turbos and AWD.  Paddles, but I never use them.  Moon roof, leather seats that are heated. Front seats have AC pumped in to cool your jets. And massager thingys in the front seats butt and back.  You can fit three bodies in the trunk comfortably.  Bad news is - Ford discontinued them this year. Everybody wants P/Us, minivans  and SUVs apparently.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Bad news is - Ford discontinued them this year. Everybody wants P/Us, minivans  and SUVs apparently.  

Same for Impala.  Last model year was apparently 2019.  The sad thing is half of those SUVs are just a car chassis with a shell on top that looks like a truck.   At least they're still making Camaros and Mustangs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plastic bags are a almost a buck each over here now. "The plastic tax". You know who to thank for that. How dare she.

Back in saner times, school-skipping anorectics got help, not sainthoods and honorary doctorates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Plastic bags are a almost a buck each over here now. "The plastic tax". You know who to thank for that. How dare she.

Back in saner times, school-skipping anorectics got help, not sainthoods and honorary doctorates.

Does she wear big over sized necklaces and rip up speeches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Does she wear big over sized necklaces and rip up speeches?

I wouldn't know. No TV for me, so I've been spared Greta's speeches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Same for Impala.  Last model year was apparently 2019.  The sad thing is half of those SUVs are just a car chassis with a shell on top that looks like a truck.   At least they're still making Camaros and Mustangs.  

 

Couldn't agree more.   Freakin' marketing people.  See a trend so they jump on it with both feet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting to hear what's going on with the wife.

She went to the doctor yesterday for a bunch of heart tests, off for more tests today.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Waiting to hear what's going on with the wife.

She went to the doctor yesterday for a bunch of heart tests, off for more tests today.  

Oh no. Hoping for the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Oh no. Hoping for the best. 

This is not a good year.  Enough already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016 Impala is gone, replaced with a 2019 Impala. I can drive like  a pépère (which is most of the time) or I can make my cheeks touch my earlobes. I will be paying for it for a longer period of time than the 2016. I financed the 2016 rather aggressively at 30 months and the 2019 is 60 months. The payment is $14 more a month but I'm driving the Batmobile instead of that neutered silver thing. I can't remember the last time I got butterflies in my stomach when I looked out in the driveway.

8MCqAYj.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

2016 Impala is gone, replaced with a 2019 Impala. I can drive like  a pépère (which is most of the time) or I can make my cheeks touch my earlobes. I will be paying for it for a longer period of time than the 2016. I financed the 2016 rather aggressively at 30 months and the 2019 is 60 months. The payment is $14 more a month but I'm driving the Batmobile instead of that neutered silver thing. I can't remember the last time I got butterflies in my stomach when I looked out in the driveway.

8MCqAYj.jpg

 

Very cool, gotta get your self a batman t-shirt to go with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Congrats ksdaddy, that one looks like a keeper.  Is that black or "old blue eyes" blue?  

It’s a very dark metallic blue. It might be the same color as my 2010. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, looks like the same color as mine.  I bought the "old blue eyes" touch-up pen and it matches perfectly.  For whatever reason, that color just pops on an overcast day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, she's still kicking.  

I offered to bring a giant lizard into the house to keep her occupied.  One of them can wreak more havoc than a dozen puppies but she didn't seem to like that idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

southern Vancouver Island has total smoke coverage from wildfires, a lot of west coast  is burning both sides of border....hope folks can be safe or saved.  2020 just keeps testing ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment it’s 58 degrees in Independence, Mo.   Big change overnight due to all the snow up north.  Pretty chilly out here on the back deck, but I’ve got a hooded sweatshirt and jeans on, so I’m starting to enjoy it.  We’re supposed to have a lot of rain over the next 3-4 days.  I kind of hope it stays on the cool side from here-on-out.  Any kind of change is welcome.  Too much of the same bull crap over the last few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Looks like some @$#&# backed into my car and then drove off (that is a hole in the size and shape of a license plate mount).  Yay for me. 

IMG-20200908-152312.jpg

 

people are swell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an unpleasant surprise.

What's bothering me today is I had to work after 3 days of playing retirement and then I watched a video on the 2020 Les Paul Standard models.  I turned it off after I heard about it being available in "three iconic finishes".

All Summer I've been playing that GOTW Explorer which is a natural finish.  Could no finish at all be considered iconic?  Is this just a weird looking hunk of wood that they couldn't give away back in the 50s due, I would assume, to it's non-iconic lack of finish?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jvi said:

southern Vancouver Island has total smoke coverage from wildfires, a lot of west coast  is burning both sides of border....hope folks can be safe or saved.  2020 just keeps testing ... 

It never fails. Every year in the summer the state I grew up in trys to burn to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...