Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

What's bothering ya today?

I heard about all that today. Terrible all the way around.  Sounds like more hate crimes.  On a different note, Deb & I went in and got our flu shots this morning.  I received the flu shot in my right shoulder and the Pneumonia shot in the left shoulder. No problems all day, The last several times I had a very sore shoulder from the pneumonia shot but this time it felt good till  8:00 at night and was just a little sore.  They said, this is the last one I have to have, the rest of my life.  Yeah!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Retired said:

I heard about all that today. Terrible all the way around.  Sounds like more hate crimes.  On a different note, Deb & I went in and got our flu shots this morning.  I received the flu shot in my right shoulder and the Pneumonia shot in the left shoulder. No problems all day, The last several times I had a very sore shoulder from the pneumonia shot but this time it felt good till  8:00 at night and was just a little sore.  They said, this is the last one I have to have, the rest of my life.  Yeah!

We’re getting our flu and pneumonia shots tomorrow.  My doctor told me to seriously consider a shot for shingles too.  I’ve never had them, but my wife  had them and they are really painful.  Years ago I never even considered shingles or pneumonia, but here I am.

Well...  speaking of flu shots..  the last time I got one was maybe 99 ish?  after that.. I was sick all winter..   so,,nope.. I'm all set there!!!!

Shingles.. had em, and not even a severe case,, trust me..  you don't want this.  I had a spot on my left side,  5 years after I had them, I could still feel the side effects on my skin where the rash was. (like hot water in the shower, felt like it's 5x hotter than it was in that one spot.    I'm not sure the shot eliminates the risk, so do what you can do keep the immune system working for ya.

17 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

We’re getting our flu and pneumonia shots tomorrow.  My doctor told me to seriously consider a shot for shingles too.  I’ve never had them, but my wife  had them and they are really painful.  Years ago I never even considered shingles or pneumonia, but here I am.

They ask me every year to consider a shingles shot. I never had the chicken pox so I can't get the shingles. Guess I could get chicken pox but I'm not around kids. Deb had the Shingles way back, She didn't know what they were at first and I was touching them and checking her out. I never got it. She had it almost a year and she was misserable.   They had me getting the pneumonia shot way back in my 50's since I got Bronchitis so easy every year.  I guess they gave me the last strand of it? About 8:00 to 10:00 last night, I did get the chills and a bit of a fever.  The shoulder they stuck for the pneumonia shot started getting pretty sore.  I woke up feeling fine though and no more of those now. 

6 hours ago, kidblast said:

Well...  speaking of flu shots..  the last time I got one was maybe 99 ish?  after that.. I was sick all winter..   so,,nope.. I'm all set there!!!!

Shingles.. had em, and not even a severe case,, trust me..  you don't want this.  I had a spot on my left side,  5 years after I had them, I could still feel the side effects on my skin where the rash was. (like hot water in the shower, felt like it's 5x hotter than it was in that one spot.    I'm not sure the shot eliminates the risk, so do what you can do keep the immune system working for ya.

Yeah, Debbie was real bad with shingles. They itch real bad and you can't itch or they get worse. She was having me rub some sort of ointment on her back all the time.  When I had that cancer, they got my immunity down so low, from treatments, it was rock bottom. Then all the bone marrow they took, it was years upon years to get it built up.  Yeah, It was just like this Covid virus way back in the 80's, I was confined to home not allowed to leave or be around anyone that was sick.  

Well, we got our shots today.  Insurance covered it all, so at least we didn’t have to get them at the vet’s.  No soreness yet, but I’ll see what tonight brings....... Damn Nebraska Furniture Mart was trying to charge us $200 for service we never had.  They contacted us again about it this afternoon.  I don’t have the patience to explain it to them for the third time, so I let them talk to “the boss.”  Problem solved.  Anyways, I’m looking-forward to a weekend of softball games.

2 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Well, we got our shots today.  Insurance covered it all, so at least we didn’t have to get them at the vet’s.  No soreness yet, but I’ll see what tonight brings....... Damn Nebraska Furniture Mart was trying to charge us $200 for service we never had.  They contacted us again about it this afternoon.  I don’t have the patience to explain it to them for the third time, so I let them talk to “the boss.”  Problem solved.  Anyways, I’m looking-forward to a weekend of softball games.

Hey do they still build combines in independence ? I was at the gleaner factory back in the early 1980s. They kept parts for gleaner in a limestone cave or something too.

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Yesterday wasn't pay day.  

It was for me. And on the 1st it's military retiree payday.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Yesterday wasn't pay day.  

Flu shot for sure this year. 

Good for you.  I think this is the first time ever I got a mild case overnight from the shot.  Either that or what Deb thought?  Her friend had an allergic reaction when they gave her both the flu and pneumonia shot together.  I'm not allergic to nothing but am told the older you get, they give you stronger strands of the shots?  It was just one night anyway. 

19 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

That's weird?  Debbie bought a couch and a chair from them.  The only one was on display  so we have to wait till it comes from guess where?  China! Did you hear about the 90 dogs that died eating food that was made from China? Now they have taken it all off the shelves here.  I swear, I'm not buying anything made from China anymore. 

• Thanks 1

There are a lot of evil people out there, that's for sure.

Worked, cleaned reptile cages, fed a big boa, wife came home and is engaged in non-stop babble SO this would be the perfect time to go upstairs and plug in that little Origin 20 and break it in a bit more.  Nice sounding amp but just like everyone says, where's the reverb?  

I never had any kind of a reaction to a flu shot, next day felt just like the prior one.

Oh, I won a karma on AudioCircle so I've got a best of Crossroads CD headed my way!

Edited by SteveFord

Not one thing till I just went to Guitar Center for a set of strings and saw a Wine Red custom P93 Riviera up hanging on the wall.  3 months now and  going on 4 and Dietze still hasn't produced my guitar.  I'd get the money back and go GC but they want $60.00 more and thats before taxes.  Debbie agreed, If Dietze can't produce as promised in October, We will buy at GC.  I'll go and have a talk to the guys Monday. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Retired said:

Not one thing till I just went to Guitar Center for a set of strings and saw a Wine Red custom P93 Riviera up hanging on the wall.  3 months now and  going on 4 and Dietze still hasn't produced my guitar.  I'd get the money back and go GC but they want $60.00 more and thats before taxes.  Debbie agreed, If Dietze can't produce as promised in October, We will buy at GC.  I'll go and have a talk to the guys Monday. 

Yes that should be yours.   That's like rubbing it in.  Very bad service you've had. 

You could start a thread on this and tell them you'll be updating it daily (or weekly) until they deliver.

When it does come it has to be perfect.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 1:02 PM, Retired said:

That's weird?  Debbie bought a couch and a chair from them.  The only one was on display  so we have to wait till it comes from guess where?  China! Did you hear about the 90 dogs that died eating food that was made from China? Now they have taken it all off the shelves here.  I swear, I'm not buying anything made from China anymore. 

Didn’t Wal Mart Also have an issue several years ago with the Uncle Roy brand of dog food?  It’s still made in China.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, Mr. Gibson said:

Hey do they still build combines in independence ? I was at the gleaner factory back in the early 1980s. They kept parts for gleaner in a limestone cave or something too.

I don’t know anything about the combines, but there are limestone caves all around this area.

"I'm tired of....
   Feeling like the local night time news is programming watchers:  of course the 'news' segment - but even when it morphs over into raging fires in CA  and pre-game ceremonies at NFL games.  it's like I can't escape being not -so-subtly told what to believe. After 70+ years, I'm pretty sure I know that Up is Up  and Down is Down, and not visa versa.     Local news started a week long 'Investigative Report'  on why the city Police Chief is negligent for not releasing body cam footage within 24 hours of every and any confrontation.  Releasing it  to them, of course, so they can edit it and spin it.  

24 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

"I'm tired of....
   Feeling like the local night time news is programming watchers:  of course the 'news' segment - but even when it morphs over into raging fires in CA  and pre-game ceremonies at NFL games.  it's like I can't escape being not -so-subtly told what to believe. After 70+ years, I'm pretty sure I know that Up is Up  and Down is Down, and not visa versa.     Local news started a week long 'Investigative Report'  on why the city Police Chief is negligent for not releasing body cam footage within 24 hours of every and any confrontation.  Releasing it  to them, of course, so they can edit it and spin it.  

couldn't have said it better myself.  the biggest virus of modern time is the main stream media.

• Like 1

Something that bugs the hell out of me with regards to the press - they will take any story that gets a lot of attention (makes a lot of money) and they will try to turn it into an epidemic.  They are out there HOPING more babies are left in hot cars this year than last so they can "connect the dots".   

They want you to feel like negative things have become an epidemic so you stay glued to your TV out of fear.   It's a corrupt profession full of bottom-feeders.  There are some good clean press out there but not many, and they aren't nearly as $ucce$$ful as the bad guys.  

BUT if you regulate it, now you have a government propaganda tool.  The only way to win is to turn the TV off.  

if folks cant find true news you aint looking, if you want fake,  here and other cable and internet sites will give you all you want.THERE IS TRUTH IF YOU LOOK IN THE RIGHT PLACE,DONT BE FOOLED BY FOOLS

... the point being that legitimate news is something you have to seek out (like a healthy meal) while garbage news is everywhere you look (like fast food restaurants). 

26 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

... the point being that legitimate news is something you have to seek out (like a healthy meal) while garbage news is everywhere you look (like fast food restaurants). 

That's how view it too,  it should not be this way. but, this is what things have come to.

14 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Didn’t Wal Mart Also have an issue several years ago with the Uncle Roy brand of dog food?  It’s still made in China.

Can't remember? We use Docs Choice and we heard Vets here made it. 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:15 PM, jdgm said:

Yes that should be yours.   That's like rubbing it in.  Very bad service you've had. 

You could start a thread on this and tell them you'll be updating it daily (or weekly) until they deliver.

When it does come it has to be perfect.

Imgur never lets me in to see the photos I do have in it,  Can't figure out why?  But I got the guitar Sunday night. I went back and forth between Dietze Music and Guitar Center bargaining like buying a car from the best offer. GC matched the price, so I had them remove the Riviera up on the wall and waited for Deb to come home from her friends house as they were sewing together on quilts. I couldn't get the money back from Dietze till I had the credit card numbers from her card. She went with me, and we did just that.  A guy there that was following the guitar wheres bouts told me it was still on backorder and no guarantee I would get it next January so the, "It's on a ship from China was a lie".  Guess they were trying everything to get it for me but their Epiphone guy would not work with them.  Then Deb & I went to GC and the had 2. I bought the brand new one untouched in a box with a 3 yr. warranty at the same price as Dietze.  Unpacked it at home examining it and I can't find nothing wrong. Strings look a bit different than what I use.  I turned it and to hear those P90's scream out.  It took a bit to get it to quite down.  It is loud, like a woman, Think I'll call it, "Lil' Red Riding Hood." Lol I play that song too, Haha. Between the 2 channels on the tube amp I get those Bell like tones I love, The heavy metal type stuff I'm not all that found of and she can really growl some deep tones.   Later I will take some photos of it outside and send one to Rob.  If he will be so kind to post it for me. 

• Like 2