Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

What's bothering ya today?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Easily fixed (nothing is free):

https://m.youtube.com/premium

No I know my app reminds me to buy even... it just seems MUCH more frequent than it was. Well you knew it would end up that way. Again annoying when playing with a backing track and in mid  “song”... COMMERCIAL! I was used to waiting in the beginning and such but they come up a few times even... in a 5 minute video too. Whatever though, I’ll deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of that is the YouTuber who is promoting the video.   They get options when they place an ad and that person chose to crap all over their own videos with ads.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Part of that is the YouTuber who is promoting the video.   They get options when they place an ad and that person chose to crap all over their own videos with ads.  

I learned something then...  I never posted any content to YT to show off my "super-awesome guitar master skills"!  Maybe I should, then people will be bothered today by that, haha!  Thanks!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I've played the youtube game before.  The rules have changed over the years.  As far as I know, you currently need 1000 subscribers to run ads at all.  The only exception is if you post something and it gets flagged for copyright - the copyright owner can choose to run ads on your video.   For me, it's a love/hate relationship with youtube.  It's still my favorite website.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Yeah I've played the youtube game before.  The rules have changed over the years.  As far as I know, you currently need 1000 subscribers to run ads at all.  The only exception is if you post something and it gets flagged for copyright - the copyright owner can choose to run ads on your video.   For me, it's a love/hate relationship with youtube.  It's still my favorite website.  

I know I watch it more than I should... some good stuff there. Don’t what I’d do without it these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of annoyances from Google Corp ...

They are shutting down Play Music which I used all the time in the car.   The "replacement" is YouTube Music.  I've been using it for a few weeks now and I need to figure something else out.  👎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear you got that guitar saga wrapped up.

I'm in the middle of one right now.  I'd like to give my wife away.

NO RETURNS, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Retired said:

Heh, That's better than the past Lol. 

front-banner-1600_900.png

The images have to be hosted on the web the image above is hosted by the Epiphone site.

If you move your mouse over the P93 above, and do a Right Click, select Copy Link or Copy Image Address.

Then open a new post and paste the link into the text field it and the image should appear. 

Edited by mihcmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 5:38 PM, SteveFord said:

Our Molly Dog died of cancer a week ago and on Sunday I'd always wind up taking a nap on the couch in the living room and the dog would take a nap on her little bed in between the stereo speakers.

I took the nap today and kept waking up looking for Molly Dog.

CCJTX2j.jpg

 

Steve,  I'm sorry I missed this. so sorry to have read this and for your loss. you need to go get another boxer immediately. it helped me when our Boris died from Cancer 5 years ago.  matter of fact we wound up with 2 boxers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife picked up a miniature poodle which is really a great little dog

UDP5jFB.jpg

which is not allowed anywhere near my pets

oVAOOsZ.jpg

as he wouldn't even make a lump.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 6:12 PM, SteveFord said:

Glad to hear you got that guitar saga wrapped up.

I'm in the middle of one right now.  I'd like to give my wife away.

NO RETURNS, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

I just had a talk with mine today.  She is always wanting me to buy new clothes, a new car, or something. I always say No! I'm fine, don't waste cash on this or that if what I have still works.  Probably why she bought me 7  guitars now for a birthday or Christmas? I bought 2. lol  She's been bugging me to get a new car.  Hey, The Saturn Vue is still like new even though its a 2006. Yeah, 14 years old now.  Anyway, I gave in and let her order me 2 pairs of new jeans today. Never saw her so happy.  So she came back and said, They had a sale on them so I ordered you 4 pairs.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we've had trouble resisting the urge to order things online we don't need.  Gotten over it somehow... But we still seem to Bbuy 2x as much at the grocery store when we venture out  every couple of weeks.  Three different kinds of mustard. ..  b   Spend more time on TV - more commercials for all sorts of crap I never knew existed.  A machine that squirts water up one nostril while it sucks it out the other one, along with snot.  Makes you  think -" Hey, I need to clean out my sinuses, man."    Advertising and Marketing whizzes cause us to not question how mankind SURVIVED for the past millennia without a Snot Vacuum Cleaner.   My car is 9 years old as is my wife's - we bought them new when we retired 8 years ago. Her's has 37K miles, mine just over 50K.   The 20 or so new vehicle commercials every hour are slightly tempting -  race car drivers on snowy winding mountain roads and models sitting on the hood at a deserted sunny beach...  Then reality comes back ... until the next commercial.  We've resorted to buying Amazon Gift cards for our kids and their spouses on their birthdays.  I bet Jeff Bezos net worth has doubled in the past 8 months.  Twitter, Facebook, You Tube.  The New Normal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Online merchants have a captive audience of everybody. For the likes of us, I had to wait weeks for THR30ii amps to be restocked because everybody's buying stuff. 

Its worse for women. Retail therapy withdrawal is intolerable for them. 

In the uk, just the suggestion of  another lockdown (there isn't one really) has sparked off more bulk buying of toilet paper and groceries again. I thought they might have learned after the last lot but no.  Yesterday we saw a woman walking home with mulitpacks of toilet rolls under each arm and more inside bags. She couldn't have been carrying less than 50 rolls. She'll probably bequeath half of them in her will. 

I had thought these people stupid, but part of me thinks its just another excuse to spend money. It doesn't matter if its toilet paper. What is purchased is unimportant. Its the spending that matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvi said:

ahhhh    capitilism..... make the rich richer for junk.

Yep.  I think the concept works best when it isn't  on steroids.  We should have a progressive tax that grows at the same rate their income does after the first billion.  Accompanied by a Tax Code with no loopholes.  Maybe a completely different Tax Code for people who make more than  $1B in one year.    I remember reading somewhere Jeff Bezos (owner of Amazon - which enabled him purchase the Washington Post)  actually made One Billion Dollars in One Day - back at the height of the Lockdowns.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep.  I think the concept works best when it isn't  on steroids.  We should have a progressive tax that grows at the same rate their income does after the first billion.  Accompanied by a Tax Code with no loopholes.  Maybe a completely different Tax Code for people who make more than  $1B in one year.    I remember reading somewhere Jeff Bezos (owner of Amazon - which enabled him purchase the Washington Post)  actually made One Billion Dollars in One Day - back at the height of the Lockdowns.  

I agree, its a problem in Canada as well.

Edited by jvi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

In the uk, just the suggestion of  another lockdown (there isn't one really) has sparked off more bulk buying of toilet paper and groceries again

I have been slowly building up my stock over the last couple of months in preparation. Got lots of bottled water too.  When the shortages hit, I'll be one less hoarder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Retired said:

I just had a talk with mine today.  She is always wanting me to buy new clothes, a new car, or something. I always say No! I'm fine, don't waste cash on this or that if what I have still works.  Probably why she bought me 7  guitars now for a birthday or Christmas? I bought 2. lol  She's been bugging me to get a new car.  Hey, The Saturn Vue is still like new even though its a 2006. Yeah, 14 years old now.  Anyway, I gave in and let her order me 2 pairs of new jeans today. Never saw her so happy.  So she came back and said, They had a sale on them so I ordered you 4 pairs.  

Lol. They were on sale is the most used expression of women, women are the same all over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Lol. They were on sale is the most used expression of women, women are the same all over.

It's was on sale, I saved us money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Lol. They were on sale is the most used expression of women, women are the same all over.

Yeah, Coupons, Apps, Pin points Sales, Talk about free meals or buy one get 2. If it's not on sale then, Forget It! I got in trouble once for buying an Iced Tea at Duncan Donut without her pin point app on her phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...