Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

2005 es 335 Dot, Highly Figured, Nashville


Rshaw49rs
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a 2005 335 Dot ReIssue, and according to serial number it was built in early 2005 at the Nashville facility (last 3 digits of s/n 7xx )

but I cannot find any info on figured top 335 Dot out of Nashville.  Is it a standard 335, or any special attributes other than flame ?

Edited by Rshaw49rs
correct spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I purchased a new natural finish 2006 figured-top ES-335 made in Memphis, and I do recall that some 335 models had been coming out of Nashville as well.  If I remember correctly, these typically were intended to be more specifically detailed reissues of particular past models, and they were highly regarded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Rshaw49rs said:

I have a 2005 335 Dot ReIssue, and according to serial number it was built in early 2005 at the Nashville facility (last 3 digits of s/n 7xx )

but I cannot find any info on figured top 335 Dot out of Nashville.  Is it a standard 335, or any special attributes other than flame ?

I believe a 2005 from Nashville would automatically make it a Custom Shop model?  That means "special attributes" in itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Just wondering what the verdict was on this.  I'm looking at a 335 dot neck, tobacco burst, figured.  According to its serial number it is Feb. 2005, Nashville--but I don't see anything that identifies it as custom shop or a reissue.  Would I know if it was either of these?  Were they making 'regular,' figured 335s in Nashville in 2005?  I should add the the sound and feel are excellent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, that's good news.  But don't custom shop serial numbers begin with 'cs'?  My 2005 ES 335 doesn't, but it ends in 704, which makes it Nashville.  Therefore, my guess is that it must be a reissue--is there anything on the guitar that can confirm that?

 

Edited by TAH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2022 at 4:45 AM, TAH said:

Thanks, that's good news.  But don't custom shop serial numbers begin with 'cs'?  My 2005 ES 335 doesn't, but it ends in 704, which makes it Nashville.  Therefore, my guess is that it must be a reissue--is there anything on the guitar that can confirm that?

 

I don't know where you get the ending in 704 means Memphis, because you can't tell where it was made by the end of the s/n.  And I see in the other thread you found it was indeed made in Memphis.  Furthermore, there should be a sticker inside that says where it was made.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, Wmachine said:

I don't know where you get the ending in 704 means Memphis, because you can't tell where it was made by the end of the s/n.  And I see in the other thread you found it was indeed made in Memphis.  Furthermore, there should be a sticker inside that says where it was made.

 

 

It came from several Gibson serial number de-coders like this one:

https://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-gibson_eng.php

It was wrong though and ringing up Gibson sorted it.  Basically, I was looking at a 335 in a shop that was advertised as 1995 but the serial number proved to be 2005.  Fortunately I took a quick photo of the sticker but got only the number, not the 'made in...' bit.  I didn't want them to see that I didn't trust them.  As it turns out, the kindest thing one could say about the shop is that they are incompetent.  There is a harsher interpretation though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...