Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rshaw49rs

2005 es 335 Dot, Highly Figured, Nashville

I have a 2005 335 Dot ReIssue, and according to serial number it was built in early 2005 at the Nashville facility (last 3 digits of s/n 7xx )

but I cannot find any info on figured top 335 Dot out of Nashville.  Is it a standard 335, or any special attributes other than flame ?

Edited by Rshaw49rs
correct spelling

I purchased a new natural finish 2006 figured-top ES-335 made in Memphis, and I do recall that some 335 models had been coming out of Nashville as well.  If I remember correctly, these typically were intended to be more specifically detailed reissues of particular past models, and they were highly regarded.

19 hours ago, Rshaw49rs said:

I have a 2005 335 Dot ReIssue, and according to serial number it was built in early 2005 at the Nashville facility (last 3 digits of s/n 7xx )

but I cannot find any info on figured top 335 Dot out of Nashville.  Is it a standard 335, or any special attributes other than flame ?

I believe a 2005 from Nashville would automatically make it a Custom Shop model?  That means "special attributes" in itself.

I would tend to agree with Wmachine, an ES model made in Nashville in 2005 would be a custom shop guitar.  If you can post some photos of it we might be able to tell you more.