Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall DSL and Origin opinions

SteveFord

9 hours ago, SteveFord said:

The Origin 20 showed up today and the Guitar Center in Missouri did such a stellar job of not packing it that it showed up with a cracked corner SO several hours later I'm back from my nearest Guitar Center with a receipt for a brand new one being sent to my house, same price.

They took care of me, good  people at the Lancaster, PA location.  

The shelves there looked pretty bare: an SG, maybe 6 or 7 Les Pauls (older Classic, Studios), some Epiphones and Fedners and some other junk.  The one I usually go to in MD was closed.  Sign of the times.

For the few minutes I screwed around with the Origin 20 I must say I'm impressed.  For an amp which was obviously built down to a cost I think this will work out really well.

Super bummer, but glad it will be resolved quickly.   Do you have a specific guitar lined up to plug into it first?

The replacement showed up today and I only used it for a few minutes, I worked 7AM - 7 PM.

Got off work, registered it and brought it upstairs.

From the few minutes I played around with it I REALLY like it.  It doesn't have a ton of controls to screw around with and it only took a few seconds to get the sound I wanted out of it.  It seems to be voiced more like the original Marshalls from when I was a kid.  I guess that's where the Origin comes from.

I think I'll get its bigger brother as well if that tells you anything.

That DSL 40CR is an open box unit so I'm sure there's a lot of break in to do with the speaker and tubes so I'm having fun with that one, too.  

It's awfully nice to have some decent amps.  Thanks to the fellows here for giving me the shove off the fence!

• Like 1