Gibson Brands Forums

Inner city, the 'burbs, country - where you live?

'Scales

I have been 'crunching numbers' recently as I fantasise  about early retirement in a few years time, and have come to the conclusion that things are pretty f'kd in that respect for the vast majority of people who would like to have a prosperous retirement...

...ok, so be it, but it makes me wonder if we'll see 'location arbitrage' become a real 'thing' post Covid ....people moving to far less expensive areas within rich nations, but also moving to way cheaper countries with decent lifestyles (Thailand, Croatia, Ecuador....) to live on investments held in wealthy countries(US, UK, Germany, Oz...) - I suspect this could be a big trend potentially.

Very interesting seeing where everyone lives, and been too. I was born in Sioux City Iowa and moved to Council Bluffs when I was 2.  At 26, I married and moved to Omaha Nebraska.  Deb & I moved from the Aksarben area 28 years ago to where we are now in Old Millard and live in an old homestead farmhouse that was built in 1890. So I guess that makes it 130 years old. There is a dirt room floor in the basement where they used to store corn. We were told by neighbors that dead people were buried in it, Lol. Our son believed it. He was scared to go in the basement for a long time.  We have basically remodeled the entire house and updated it.  Except for the basement. I call it our dungeon and I have some weights down there for working out and call that our Torture Chamber.  The house sits on a double lot and our Doberman has plenty of room to chase the rabbits. He is the only Doberman I ever owned that has never caught a rabbit but he is a friend of mine! Lol  We have visited all 50 states and several many times and I have been to Mexico and Canada. Deb has been to the UK. 

• Thanks 1