Gibson Brands Forums

House of the rising sun - cool swampy acoustic slide

uncle fester

14 hours ago, Retired said:

That was pretty cool. I've been playing House of the Rising Sun for 54 years now.  Never heard that version. The guitar does look in worse condition than Willie Nelsons. Haha. 

So here's a friendly challenge for you, take your version and slide it on out.  See what type of swampy blues you can create...  love to hear it.  

'worse' then willie nelsons....'  i wouldn't say worse, just maybe a little more worn in.

5 hours ago, uncle fester said:

So here's a friendly challenge for you, take your version and slide it on out.  See what type of swampy blues you can create...  love to hear it.  

'worse' then willie nelsons....'  i wouldn't say worse, just maybe a little more worn in.

Well, Willie does seem to have his guitar patched up with holes in it. I would have tossed it out for new long ago. I have a slide bar, I'm terrible with it. I had a steel guitar in my teens I played with a lot. Think it was my uncles, he played it great.

19 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

Here's your opportunity to maybe a hone a few of those corners...  

What's the Joe Walsh song he does with the slide bar? Is it Rocky Mountain Way? Thats the one I want to eventually learn. The grandkids both loved Old Town Road because their mom played it a lot. Doesn't have anything to do with a slide bar but Deb and the kids made me learn Old Town Road for them. Haha, I kept saying I hated it. It was so stupid. "Oh No," they said,  "it's a big hit." Well, that songs on the bottom of my 50 songs I can do. Lol