Gibson Brands Forums

Thing That Make You Go Hmmmm

Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How about people who wear masks driving alone in their car. You afraid your going to give the virus back to yourself?

I see people wearing a mask while driving out in the country, is a virus going to jump out of the bushes and get them?

8 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Birthday weeks?! I was puzzled when one of my younger friends mentioned what they had planned for thier Birthday week. Now I see a couple of others doing this.

Maybe been like this for a while. It takes time for some things to sink in. :-s

I have a nice that's doing that this week. Her son's birthday was last Sunday, so they went out for dinner with some of the family on that night, Wednesday they went out for birthday pizza with his Dad's side of the family, but his birthday party will be this Saturday, when all his friends can come over. The kids love all of the attention, and gifts.

Masks are great, but I see people daily with a face mask hanging off their face, that they then put back on/off/on in public. Touching things, then touching the inside of the mask before they put it back on.

It's a bit like wearing a condom, flipping it inside out and then putting it back on again. 

I'm all for wearing a mask, but you had also better stand six feet away from yourself.

I love the people wearing a mask and it is only covering their mouth, and tucked under their nose. Mask Fail.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Masks are great, but I see people daily with a face mask hanging off their face, that they then put back on/off/on in public. Touching things, then touching the inside of the mask before they put it back on.

It's a bit like wearing a condom, flipping it inside out and then putting it back on again. 

My mask is ribbed for her pleasure.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Birthday weeks?! I was puzzled when one of my younger friends mentioned what they had planned for thier Birthday week. Now I see a couple of others doing this.

Maybe been like this for a while. It takes time for some things to sink in. :-s

Next month I have my birthday coming up. I'm gonna step up my game and do the whole month.

3 hours ago, jvi said:

people who ridicule other people for stupid reasons  ie  wearing masks. hmmmnnn

I live in an extremely red town and there's even an abundance of anti-mask signs littered around on the sides of the streets - for your pleasure.  These signs are also put out there by some group that has a site featuring all sorts of anti-vaxer stuff too as they have a website link to check out on them as well (was curious...).  I just SMFH today.  Ever feel like you are somewhere you don't belong - constantly?  My town is beautiful, but I wonder why I live where I do when I just don't buy into my neighbors' beliefs/values.  This place is in trouble... 

Remember the Long Island NY  county executive  who passed an 'executive order'  whereby you were not allowed, when  playing tennis. to play doubles, or touch the other players balls?  Seems like I would try a neck shot to the line judge.  De-fund the cops, but ask them to patrol the country clubs - where the real crime is.    Masks are just another part of their strategy.   

31 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Remember the Long Island NY  county executive  who passed an 'executive order'  whereby you were not allowed, when  playing tennis. to play doubles, or touch the other players balls?  Seems like I would try a neck shot to the line judge.  De-fund the cops, but ask them to patrol the country clubs - where the real crime is.    Masks are just another part of their strategy.   

huh? 

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How is it Jimi Hendrix passed away 50 years ago, released only 3 studio albums, yet has released more albums in 50 years than he did in the 3 he was recording under his own name? 

Yes it is 50 years on Sept 18th, next Friday.  

The Maui gig has been put out before.   Mitch Mitchell - "only 8 of 16 tracks had worked at any one time....a complete bloody shambles".   Still have it on a cassette somewhere.