Gibson Brands Forums
GazzaPir

Les Paul Studio - Authenticity?

Hello All,

I'm intrigued by the idea of getting my first ever Gibson Les Paul. Its a Les Paul Studio - 2014 - 120th Anniversary Edition. However, I'm a little concerned about its authenticity. I have not seen the guitar myself and just have photographs to go by. Could any of you help out in this regard? I'll attach the photographs in the post. 

1.jpg

2..jpg

3..jpg

4..jpg

5..jpg

6..jpg

Hello..  

Yes from what I can see it looks legit and 2014 is the correct year for the 120th inlay (which I really like)..

If you want more proof you could always email those pictures and you will need the serial number to Gibson Customer Service and they should be able to confirm the model.

Good luck with it. [thumbup]

Gibson do that all the time with the tuners.   There have been various moans on forum about it over the years (surely all it takes is a card template?) and these days it's much better than it was, but...that's just what they do.  Yours isn't nearly as bad as some; keep your eye out for it and you'll see it all the time on LPs.   Badly-positioned Grovers look worse. 

This is just a thought, but for some reason I think counterfeiters would be deterred by having to reproduce the anniversary inlay? But don't quote me on it.

20 minutes ago, Pinch said:

This is just a thought, but for some reason I think counterfeiters would be deterred by having to reproduce the anniversary inlay? But don't quote me on it.

I was thinking the same thing.

As for the tuners. They look fine to me. Even with the blue pen, I still dont see a problem. The tuners are attached in parrallel horizontal positioning. They have to vary vertically to follow the shape of the headstock. 

Anyway, its a nice looking guitar.