Gibson Brands Forums

And finally...

SteveFord

Until a Firebird VII pops up at a reasonable price, this is I T it.

2019 SG Standard with the highly undesirable Gibson Golf Club Bag (not pictured)

xbs0vec.jpg

2010 Les Paul Junior with the ebony fret board.

PRmnmiY.jpg

I always loved the wood grain on the SGs, the stripes on this one kind of pop up when you rotate the guitar which is impossible to photograph.

Pardon the pictures, it's raining out at the moment.  

Iyjf7TI.jpg

New guitar straps are on order!

Edited by SteveFord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you.

I was really curious about the neck on the SG after reading one guy's comments about selling it as he couldn't come to grips (HA!) with it.

It's a slightly stouter 60s Les Paul neck, not one of the super thin SG necks or a monster club thing.  Some lemon oil, a truss rod adjustment and it's fine.  

2020 LP Standard gold top controls are on order to see what I can do about the sound on the Special.  It doesn't sound horrible but it's not in the same league.

• Like 1

My first Gibson was an SG Standard purchased with lawn cutting money a gazillion years ago.  I don't know how many hours I spent playing that one.

You guys would have fallen down laughing if you could have seen my expression the first time I plugged it into a Marshall stack.  I know the guy I bought the amp from burst out laughing and said, "Have you ever heard one of these before?"

Uh, no...