Gibson Brands Forums

oops.. I forgot...

Towzend

The first time i opened the case of my new J200 TV sunburst, was a strong smell of Lacquer!! followed by

a great.. "Wow" and as i picked it out of the case, amazingly it was in tune!! the first song... well it had to

be, did'nt it... Pinball wizard !!!

"How do you think he does it"!!

"I'm one" is great, wish i could play it like him.. but the killer is "Drowned" the 1979 policemans ball !!

its awsome.. hes totally pissed/stoned when he did that live show! "blue eyes" yep got that off to a T!

Pete's yer man!!

AJ, you really SHOULD get yourself a '200! No guitar arsenal is truly replete without an SJ200. I have had so much joy from mine over the years, companionship too-it's probably spent more time with me in the last 5 years than any one person.

AJ' date=' you really SHOULD get yourself a '200! No guitar arsenal is truly replete without an SJ200. I have had so much joy from mine over the years, companionship too-it's probably spent more time with me in the last 5 years than any one person. [/quote']

You're right Jinder. I've played one before and it felt a bit big for me but I guess you get used to it. But I love the sound ref: Pete Townshend- even Noel Gallagher ref: She Is Love.

Noel is a great example of a distinctive SJ200 player. I heard he uses a vintage '200 in the studio and an SJ200 Jr. live.

They can be great fingerstyle guitars too...I love the tone I get with mine using bare fingers. The rosewood SJ300s and Prewar Western Classic SJ200s are stunning too, as are the Bubinga SJ100s. Plenty of jumbo loveliness to choose from!

On a vaguely similar topic, is a J185 effectively a J200jr, but I assume without the bling, or at least less?

I know they certainly do a cutaway version on a J185, but they do(did) a rosewood one too without the cutaway right, or I imagining that?

thanks folks!!

Thanks Tragopan. This is not really helping. I've done some surfing and the going rate for a MC is about £2,300 ish and the TV is over £3k! If it wasn't for the US export duty, I'd be able to fly to Bozeman, pick one from the factory, fly home and still have change for a fish and chip supper.

And of course, I haven't actually got £3k burning a hole in my pocket at the moment.

Is that a J200 that Emmy Lou has? I thought she always plays her sig L200.

On a vaguely similar topic' date=' is a J185 effectively a J200jr, but I assume without the bling, or at least less?

I know they certainly do a cutaway version on a J185, but they do(did) a rosewood one too without the cutaway right, or I imagining that?

thanks folks!!

[/quote']

I've played a couple of these and liked them alot. Good shout Austin.

is a J185 effectively a J200jr' date=' but I assume without the bling, or at least less?[/quote']

They're similar, except for the trim (pickguard, fretboard inlays, etc.) and the bridge, but the J-185 is short scale and the J-200jr is long scale.

-- Bob R

"I'm one" is great' date=' wish i could play it like him.. but the killer is "Drowned" the 1979 policemans ball !!

its awsome.. hes totally pissed/stoned when he did that live show! "blue eyes" yep got that off to a T!

Pete's yer man!![/quote']

I can't fingerpick I'm One but do strum and sing it - it kind of works.

+1 on Drowned.

Here's another version with a great view of his J200.

. I have had so much joy from mine over the years' date=' companionship too-it's probably spent more time with me in the last 5 years than any one person. [/quote']

Jose Feliciano: " Gipsy"

But I'll continue to travel,

though my guitar's old and tiring fast.

She just listens to me,

her music means more to me,

than any other woman I have known.

I can't fingerpick I'm One but do strum and sing it - it kind of works.

+1 on Drowned.

Here's another version with a great view of his J200.

"I forgot the words!"

I did'nt when i F###### dinged it ??

Archived